Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel owner again

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop a note, now that I'm a Charvel owner again. I had a couple of import models back when. Got fed up with the tremolo bars and sold them all. Yeah i'm still kicking myself.

Anyway, found a local s/s/h charvel, 5 way toggle, volume and tone. Suprisingly excellent shape, no dents and just the usual pick marks. Now that I'm bitten by the Charvel bug again, I"ll be a semi regular.

Thanks!

Zag
    Jackson Scarecrow by M. Learn
    Dominion
    DKMT
    Bogner Uberschall
    Orange Rockerverb MkII

Welcome back to Charvel!
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Comment

Comment

i have one,it's made in japan.

Comment

Charvels

Pics will be forthcoming Rich. Thanks for the welcome back. While I find the camera, a question.

I've been an EMG 81 user for years. Always had good luck with them. The j90c in the charvel may make me a passive convert again. The lead voicing of the pickup is nice. However, as compared to the 81, a palm muted E strings gets a bit flubby, not as crisp.

Anything from the collective wisdom on tightening up the bottom end? It's strung with 11 Diaddarios. I've tried dropping the pickup, but that doesn't quite seem enough.

Open to suggestions.

Z
          Dominion
          DKMT
          Bogner Uberschall
          Orange Rockerverb MkII

Comment

If your guitar has a strat body, bolt-on neck and a guitar-shaped logo, your guitar is a Model 3. If it is a dinky body (7/8 size of a strat), bolt-on neck and a script logo, your guitar is a Charvel 375DLX.

(note: he only mentioned the volume and tone knobs, thus eliminating the Model 4, Model 4M, Model 6, Model 475DLX, and Model 650XL)
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Pics

Here are the links to my pics. I included all the guitars. I've never linked to pics before, lemme know if it's broken

Z

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Dominion
              DKMT
              Bogner Uberschall
              Orange Rockerverb MkII

Comment

That's a Model 3
                Occupy JCF

Comment

bad ass!! You can't beat the Imported Charvels, I love um!!!!
                  750XL Cherry Sunburst
                  375DX Metallic black
                  Model 2 blue
                  Model 2 Red
                  USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
                  USA Slime Green San Dimas
                  MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
                  Gibson Les Pauls
                  PRS SC-250

Comment

Working...
                  X