Vinyl covered model 2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl covered model 2???

I'm in the process of trading some gear I rarely use for a Model 2. I've wanted one for awhile and to get one without any cash out of pocket was a little too good to pass up. The only catch is the seller states the body is finished with a gray vinyl, which he says is stock. From the pics it looked like it might be that "granite" finish that was offered for awhile, but he believes it is in fact vinyl. Anybody ever hear of this? My plan to to strip and refinish it if it is vinyl covered. Seems bizarre.........
    "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Nope.
    Never heard of it.
    It should come right off though.
    If it doesn't, well... we have other remedy's for that...
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah, I already explained to that guy that it is a fleckstone finish. Looks like it was done with paint cans, too.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Is that the one at HC?
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

It's the one on HC - I had asked about it shortly after he posted it and half-heartedly listed some stuff I had available. I didn't hear from him for awhile and then he sent me a note with a reasonable trade offer. Pretty low risk, high reward, I think.

I was wondering if the cover was a Krylon stone finish too. That may be a little harder to get off, but like nhspike said, there are remedy's for that too.
          "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

Yep, it was sprayed on. I was trying to work out a deal with him, too. I haven't heard back from him.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

IS it the one with the EMG on it? I think it's on ultimate guitar too as a guy has one like it he's been trying to get rid of forever, but never mentioned vinyl.

Comment

Yup - it has an EMG, though I don't go to UG much, so I can't say it's the same one. As of tonight, we have a deal struck and he said he shipped it this afternoon. I hope so, my stuff leaves USPS in the morning. Damn thing has me very curious. No matter, it will be a great project if nothing else. I see the future..... and I see............ lots of dust.

or

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
                  Yup - it has an EMG, though I don't go to UG much, so I can't say it's the same one. As of tonight, we have a deal struck and he said he shipped it this afternoon. I hope so, my stuff leaves USPS in the morning. Damn thing has me very curious. No matter, it will be a great project if nothing else. I see the future..... and I see............ lots of dust.
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                  X