Q's about Charvel 475 Deluxe Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's about Charvel 475 Deluxe Exotic

In my current search for an older Jackson/Charvel i have come across a Charvel 475 Deluxe Exotic for sale, what do these normally go for ? Are they regarded as a 'good' Charvel ?

Once again, any help would be much appreciated !

Originally posted by The Musicman View Post
    what do these normally go for ?
    Depends on where you're located. Prices in the US are typically about half compared to the EU.

Originally posted by The Musicman View Post
    Are they regarded as a 'good' Charvel ?
    Definitely, yes. It's a japan-made import, and it won't have the same collectible value as a US-made custom shop Charvel - but it should be a solid player with nice features. Btw, the 475 has the smaller "Dinky" sized body that most Jacksons have today.

As long as it hasn't been abused, and the frets are in good condition, you can't really go wrong with any Charvel.

Comment

What are the main differences between the 475 special and the 475 deluxe exotic? Which one's better? I found a 475 Deluxe with EMGs 85-SA-SA (Steve Lukather set) for 490/450€ and a 475 special all stock for 400€
      Rick

Comment

I think the difference between special and deluxe is the year it was made. They simply changed the name from one year to the next. Im not sure about the exotic part. Does it have a fancy finish or top? Will you be keeping those pickups? If not you might as well go for the cheaper one, unless the fancy top is not your thing.

Comment

The Exotic has a maple veneer and it's in sunburst finish, with the EMGs, the Special in in white with stock Jackson pups and electronic. I like the white one more, but the cherryburst has the EMGs, which i have never tried (I mean i never tried the 85-SA-SA). I have a new white TB4 bridge ready to be put on a guitar, along with 2 singles..
          Rick

Comment

I have the deluxe special...lol

Not too many in this configuration
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Is that color original? Is it really pink, or just the pic.

Comment

no CB it's red - the flash was pinking it out a bit.

and as of yesterday it's sold
                http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

The Deluxe Exotic is this one:

Comment

That looks nice. Did you buy it? And why is that light hanging so low? Those necks are awesome.

Comment

Heres mine... Phenomial guitars, one of my favorite Charvels!

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Reviving a dead thread here, but I saw this listing and had to ask: $350 a decent price?

Comment

Seems to be. Why not just start a new thread though? Lol
                          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Working...
                          X