Can you tell me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell me....

.....your opinion about model 6? i have searched all over the forum and could not find a clear opinion...

So can you write your own in this topic?

I am asking because i want to buy one...

thanx

The Model 6 is one of the best values out there in terms of features, quality, and playability for the price. I paid $400 for mine about 5 years ago, and it is still one of my main players. After upgrading the trem to an OFR and changing the pickups to suit my taste, it plays & sounds as good or better than guitars I've payed 4 or 5 times as much for. I think they average closer to $600 these days (in the US), and if something happened to mine I wouldn't hesitate for a second to pay that much to replace it. If you can find one at a reasonable price, buy it.

Comment

Very nice guitars, switching is a bit fiddly for my taste but quality wise, they're a lot of bang for buck, or pound in our case.
      Expect to pay in pounds what you'd pay in dollars for them in the UK. The white ones seem to go for the most money from what I've noticed.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

My M6 is the best guitar purchase I've ever done.

* Great playability.
        * Great build quality and features.
        * Nice sounding pickups, although a little low in output IMO (even with the on-board preamp).
        * The licensed Floyd bridge is the weak point of this guitar. An OFR/Shaller/Gotoh transplant is worth it.

I find the switching system (one on/off switch for each pickup) simple enough myself. I thought the mid-boost was dull, so I got rid of it - however, the stacked singlecoils are useless without it. The mid-boost can be used with other pickups as well, if you decide to switch the pickups.

Like on most J/Cs, the volume knob is too close to the strings. I relocated the volume pot and chucked the knob.

I'm a chronic gain junkie. I have a Jackson J-80C pickup in mine now, and it has this awesome 80's tone! If I'd put the original humbucker back in, I'd want to couple it to a rawer boost unit. Even though I've had it for quite a while now, I still haven't decided what pickups to get for the singlecoil slots. I use the bridge pickup 99% of the time anyway.

Comment

My 6 is the only 6 string I kept after I discovered 7's... Great guitar!!!
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

thanx...by the way..a SCHALLER floyd would fit in a model 6 without a problem??? is there something i have to know?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by evilnanouk View Post
              thanx...by the way..a SCHALLER floyd would fit in a model 6 without a problem??? is there something i have to know?

thanx
              You have to know the secret handshake.

In my experience, the JT-6 tremolo and the Floyd Rose (and Schaller) tremolo are interchangable. Others claim that the posts don't fit, but I have not needed to in the ones I have changed out.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Also, string spacing on the JT-6 is for standard pickups and not trem-spaced like a real Floyd or Schaller. Not really a big deal, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X