No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any audio comparisons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any audio comparisons?

Of say a model 6 with default pick ups n then another audio file with the same guitar but dif pick ups? doesn't have to b a model 6 any axe will do

I'd just like to hear the difference that a new pick up can do as i've never heard it b4 in my life in any axe
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

If your goal is comparing the pickups, the problem is that the sound will be much more influenced by the amp settings, and effects that by the pickups.
    So you won't be able to conclude much from that. Anyway I 'll make some time this week a record a small comparations I ve got a 375 Dlx with that factory J90c & singles picksups
    And a 275 Dlx (with a dimarzio paf pro and a gotoh, amaizing pickup this last one although I could never found any info about it)

The two guitars should sound alike sice thier construction is basically the same. So the main difference will be the pickups.
    sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

I found the sound clips on Seymour Duncan's website to be very helpful. They were all recorded using the same guitar, same amp, same settings, same player, and same licks. That way you can get an idea of the differences between the pickups.

I will say though, that unless you have a quality amp (i.e. something more than the $100 practice amp) you're not going to hear much of a difference.
      Scott

Comment

ah excellent thanks guys
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
        X