SD for model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD for model 5

I have read some of the pickup dicussions for the M6, but what about the double HBs for my M5? The J-80Cs that came stock are either trashed or just sound incredibly muddy, and I can't EQ it out. I love the EMGs in my DKMG, but didn't want to go active with the M5 and would think Duncan's would really do it justice with that rediculous sustain...but which ones? the SD website sound bites are helpful, but maybe someone has trialed and errd and can save me some time and $...

the setup is double HB, 5-way switch, 1 vol, 1 tone, and 1 +6 db gain. I play metal/ shred exclusively. See "proud papa" thread for pics. I love her.

PS - will I need to locate a new wiring harness?

Thanks.

CD

"Have you hugged your Charvel today?"

custom in bridge and a jazz or 59 in the neck. You will have to get new pickup rings or there will be spaces, those jackson pickups are oversized.
    www.fretsonthenet.com has those too.

Comment

In one of my 5s, I have the Duncan Distortion in the bridge, and the 59 in the neck. I like the Jazz, but I find its only good if youre using the right combination of distortion and EQ, unlike the 59 which seems to work well with any levels.........

Comment

I

I tried in my 5a:

SD Full Shred
        SD Distortion
        EMG 81
        Dimarzio Steve's Special

And didn't care for any of them in the 5a. I sold it.

But since then...I tried, and really really like the SD Black Out neck model in the bridge spot. I think that would be real nice in the 5...in both positions.

Comment

The TB4 / 59n combo in my SL2H works great for me, but I don't know you rig, what tone you are going for, etc.

In other words, I've just about given up recommending stuff because what works for one doesn't work for someone else.

Comment

Working...
          X