What kind of 475 is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of 475 is this?

I think this is a 475 special, but I can't tell the difference between dinky and strat bodies too well.

The price is right depending on the cracks from the time this guy dropped it. Hopefully they aren't too bad since I had to sell my DK2M not too long ago to pay for tuition and I'm looking for its replacement.

475 Deluxe
    Judging by the second picture, it's been gutted of most of the electronics.
    Tell the moron it was made in Japan.
    -Rick

Comment

You mean its not really a USA Charvel for 325? Haha.

I noticed the knobs all missing in the second one, I wonder if they put the mid boost and everything back in.

I found a KE3 for 350 with dimarzios and a case that I think I'm going to get.

Comment

$325 is not bad for a 475, but this one looks like it's been around the block a few times.
        -Rick

Comment

I'd say it's not the "Import Jackson" kind...
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I have what looks to be the same, only Black/gold crackle...
            Has a Fort Worth Neckplate, and E - F - 10 inkstamped in the neck pocket.
            (22 fret sharkfin, fully bound neck...toohpaste Charvel logo)
            I'm calling it a 475 special...
            Any one know the exact model...I'm guessing early 90's Made in Japan..
            sigpic

Comment

Never heard of a 475 special. Fusion special, but not a 475 special.

The only two 475 models I'm aware of are these.

475 Deluxe-Exotic

475 Deluxe
              -Rick

Comment

Hi
                This is the ad I was using for refence...top right..
                Just can't find black and gold crackle listed as an option in '89.
                sigpic

Comment

There was the 475 DLX and the 475 DLX Exotic, the exotics were the trans-colored bodies.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by satyr View Post
                    Hi
                    This is the ad I was using for refence...top right..
                    Just can't find black and gold crackle listed as an option in '89.
                    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...el_page031.jpg
                    The actual one in the ad is Desert Crackle.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

[quote=thebigz;1113559]I think this is a 475 special, but I can't tell the difference between dinky and strat bodies too well.

Here is a close up of mine...can't find the finish listed, but perfectly fits the 475 special description (yes, they exist)...specials SHOULD have a 590 bridge(this one was missing when I got it, had to drill,fill and repost..I think the studs were the JT-6 style floyd studs fell right into the stud nut....anyway, anyone got a good idea what year this is...
                      It has a 22 fret sharkfin fully bound neck, Charvel toothpaste logo, Fort worth plate...
                      Cheers....
                      Last edited by satyr; 06-21-2008, 05:33 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dinky = 7/8 Strat
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                          475 Deluxe
                          Judging by the second picture, it's been gutted of most of the electronics.
                          Tell the moron it was made in Japan.
                          Correct you are. I have 2 Desert Crackles identical to the one listed. Sweet Guitars

Comment

I emailed the guy and he said that he's ripped the mid boost apart and all, and as has been mentioned, the guitars seen its fair share of battles, so I'm going to stay away.

Also didn't say anything about it being MIJ.

That black/grey crackle is pretty cool. Whats the official name of that finish?

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                              That black/grey crackle is pretty cool. Whats the official name of that finish?
                              Hey..it's actually Black and gold (hard to tell)Don't know the name...
                              Going by the other comments, mine is definately a 475 Special,here is the difference between a dinky and a strat.The 475 Special is a strat body, Deluxe is a Dinky..here's a picture of my Charvel on top of a Fender strat....exact size...Thanks for the help!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X