je-1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• je-1200

ok, i think my volume pot is starting to die on my je1200. im a retty good hand with a sodder iron. so if i can find the pot i can replace it. i looked on Adiozone.dk's pics of the catalogue and it doesnt say what pot it is. which is it a 500 or a 250K.

now let me explane what it is doing. first it is kind of pretty tight compared to the other knobs, second it is a little fuzzy when moving it, and when i bottom the volume out it makes a beep sound until i bring it back up just a hair. i would also like to find another je1200 to have around in case i build another guitar, or want to replace the entire unit.

thanks,
    Chris

It's a low impedence system and it takes a 50K audio taper pot.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

If you cant find an exact match to fit the circuit board, just connect jumper wires from the board to a high-quality pot.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          If you cant find an exact match to fit the circuit board, just connect jumper wires from the board to a high-quality pot.
          already ahead of you. actually that might be easier anyway. then just tack the board into the cavity.

Comment

Hey guys this thread is a godsend I have a model 6 that went through the same problems- hard to turn , noisy and now dead. What is the consensus? audio taper, linear taper? and I assume the center click is simply to give a a better feel for your position on the knob. My son is now a guitar freak like his dad and he is on me to get this thing going. Also I will add that I loved the mid/cut it was perfect for me to get that real spanky tone funk often calls for!

Comment

The volume pot definitely audio taper. It's stamped "A50K" on the back. The midboost control pot on my Model 6 is stamped "B50K", and that's a linear taper pot from what I've found.

Comment

Working...
              X