Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    Riddle me this Batman.

How come other "big" manufacturers can't use the Fender headstock, hell they even make Charvel put all that bullshit on the back of thier headstocks. But small companies like this can?
    they can't; all it takes is getting on the J/FMIC radar, and then they'll get a cease and desist letter. one of the tough parts is balancing the urge to post the pic of something cool and outing the builder (and their site) on a board where J/FMIC people can see and put an end to it.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking. Notice they don't have stratheads as a choice on the site. Edit your post (#6), Spikey!

Comment

Maybe it's a little different maybe.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Edited.
          But I must say, he freely posts pics and links on the Kr*mer forum, so he must not be too worried.
          Perhaps the worrying will start once he gets the C&D from FMIC.

On a side note...

The plastics company I work for used to mold a snowboard binding, and got tangled up with Burton (the FMIC of the snowboard world) over a patent issue.

Burton dropped it, because they already had a reputation as a "bully" in the market, and didn't want to loose potential business because of it.

So... the public image (ltd?) that a "BIG" company projects is something the marketing dept. wrestles with the legal dept. over all the time.

Last edited by nhspike; 08-12-2008, 06:14 AM.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Looks absolutely killer all put together, Spike!
            The Guitars:
            Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
            The Amps:
            Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Thanks Doc!
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
              X