Mod 2 trem bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod 2 trem bar

Can any one tell me where I can get a trem bar for my model 2? Its not a kahlor trem. Thanks for any help.

If it's not a Kahler, what kind is it?
    Jackson JT-6?
    A pic might be helpful, if you have one.
    Did you check E-Bay?
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

So it's a Jackson JT-6 tremolo;
      check out http://www.fretsonthenet.com/ImCharv.htm - Dave (Budman68)

Ibanez - Edge bars can used, too !?!
      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

they are identical trembars, and you can pick up the Ibanez Edge bar from Guitar Center (15bux), as opposed to the JT-6 bar, which will run you about 32 bux plus shipping.

Comment

Yea its a JT-6 I think. Sorry I should of put that in my orig post. Here is a picture.

Comment

That's a JT6.
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

About half way down the page. Drop Dave an e mail, I am sure most here can vouch for the man.

http://fretsonthenet.com/ImCharv.htm
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Hey thanks for the info. I had his page in my bookmarks but somehow missed it when I went looking for this. Thanks.

Comment

You can definitely use the Ibanez trem bar on that trem. I have the same type Model 2 (only mine is blue) and I got one (an Ibanez bar) dirt cheap on ebay. After I got it though, I've seen the Ibanez bars sold at Guitar Center.
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

Or if ya want. You can replace the whole assembly with a replacement floyd arm and bushing. They just unscrew from the bottom and screw right back in place. It would be the arm with the thumb screw ring on it.
                    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                      Or if ya want. You can replace the whole assembly with a replacement floyd arm and bushing. They just unscrew from the bottom and screw right back in place. It would be the arm with the thumb screw ring on it.
                      Gil
                      ^The best option.
                      Controllable friction (where the bar "parks", how hard to move it) and more durable.
                      Ibby bars tend to break right at the tip after a while.
                      And the only way to control the friction is with those annoying little plastic bits... GRRRR

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

good idea, the model 2 I just got has the arm socket flop around.

Comment

I've been usign the Ibby "Sure grip" arms on my Model 3 for so long (like 16 years!) that a JT-6 bridge looks unnatural to me with any other arm in it

Sure enough, when I bought my Model 5A 7 years ago it was missing the arm too.

There's a mountain of the damned things somewhere
                          Model 3
                          Model 5A
                          Model 3B
                          Journeyman
                          Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Working...
                          X