New body for Model series neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New body for Model series neck

I'm looking for a replacement body for my 1987 Charvel Model 2. The original body sounds lousy so I'd like to replace it with a new alder body. Can anyone tell me what replacement bodies have a neck pocket that will fit a model series neck? I know from experience that it won't fit a Warmoth body, but the Musikraft San Dimas might work. Anyone know if the model series and San Dimas neck pocket dims match? Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

CJ

http://www.mojobodies.com/

The owner is a member here.
    -Rick

Comment

have tried changing the pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        have tried changing the pickup?
        Yes, I've tried all sorts of Duncans, DiMarzios, EMGs, it just sounds dull and lifeless no matter what. I bought it new in 1987 and the tone has never been good, plus it's a really heavy piece of wood so something lighter would be welcome as well, lol.

Cheers,

CJ

Comment

@rjohnstone: what's the name of the guy who owns www.mojobodies.com on this forum?

I'm seriously interested in buying a body but his ebay store is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by varador View Post
            @rjohnstone: what's the name of the guy who owns www.mojobodies.com on this forum?

I'm seriously interested in buying a body but his ebay store is dead?
            Me too, I am considering him and Musikraft, both look like they have what I want for a body.

Cheers,

CJ

Comment

His screen name here is Slash.

Comment

Anyone know where to get a V shaped body that would be compatible with a Model series neck? That would be the most BAD. ASS. THING. EVER. !!

Comment

Originally posted by varador View Post
                  Anyone know where to get a V shaped body that would be compatible with a Model series neck? That would be the most BAD. ASS. THING. EVER. !!
                  Okay,.,.,.,.,.

Comment

http://www.mojobodies.com/

Comment

mojobodies.com only sells strat shaped bodies? I didn't find any Vs

Comment

Looks that way. Maybe you could send him an email to the support address. Maybe he can do it.

Comment

I like the options that Mojobodies offer, has anyone compared their bodies to Musikraft bodies (San Dimas style)?

Cheers,

CJ

Comment

Working...
                          X