New member's geetar collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member's geetar collection

I recently joined the website so I thought I should post my guitars. I am only a beginning player but I do enjoy collecting gear and have a thing for mid-80's Charvels.

White Charvel is a Model 2 and has a Khaler fulcrum tremelo and the original Jackson pickup. I believe it was made in 86. I purchased it from a friend when I was in the military around 93 when we were in the Indian Ocean. This was my first guitar.

Red Charvel is a Model 2 also with a Khaler fulcrum tremolo and a EMG 81 pickup. I purchased this around 96-97 in a guitar shop in Waterloo,IA. It was pretty beat up when I got it and it had a rusty Seymour Duncan pickup in it. This guitar is almost always tuned to Drop C.

Black Schecter Damien-6. This guitar got me back playing this year. I went with my sister to help her pick out a guitar and ended up buying one also.

Black Charvel is a Model 5 (86 or 87) that I just got it today. It has a Khaler tremelo and Seymour Duncan pickups in it but something is wrong with them. Trying to figure it out but not sure what is wrong. Going to post in the Tech section about the problem. I plan on putting a EMG KFK setup in this since it doesn't have the original pickups but after some reading one this forums I am tempted to try a Duncan Blackout in it.

For noise amplification, I have a Laney Hardcore 25R, Fender Champion 110 (my sister is currently borrowing it), Marshall JCM 900 SL-X Model 2100, and a Soldano 4x12 cabinet.

That Schec looks niiiiiice! Good collection, you have good taste.
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

nice collection there, welcome to the JCF.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

The Model 5 is likely an 86 with the Kahler. My 87 has the JT6 in it. I put a Blackout set in it and they sound great. They are hot, but still sound very natural.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

(Any idea how those Blackouts compare with EMGs, Hellbat?)
          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Dude... Stickers? Would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari?

Nice collection, and yes you have great taste in brands!
            Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Awesome collection!
              Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
              Jackson "Phobia" King-V
              BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
              SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
              Laney TF300
              Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post

The red one was pretty beat up when I got it so the stickers on it aren't hurting anything because it should be refinished anyway. With the white I will chalk up to being young and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  The Model 5 is likely an 86 with the Kahler. My 87 has the JT6 in it. I put a Blackout set in it and they sound great. They are hot, but still sound very natural.
                  The serial number starts with a 7 so that's why I am not sure if it's and 86 or an 87. I only thought the khalers came on the 86's and this was one of the reason I bought it. I like the khalers over the JT-6s.

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                    That Schec looks niiiiiice! Good collection, you have good taste.
                    I am pretty impressed with the Schecter. It's a really nice guitar for the $450 I paid for it. Not as nice as the Jackson Custom Shop JJ1 I had but really good for the money.

This is probably the only JJ1 made in this color and I probably should of kept it.

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                      (Any idea how those Blackouts compare with EMGs, Hellbat?)
                      Nope, I have no experience with EMG's actually. I've been a Seymour Duncan pickup guy since about 1985 or so. From my understanding they sound similar to EMG's but less compressed and more open. They do have a noise floor advantage apparently from an improved amplifier design.

When I took my guitar to the shop after I'd installed them, the guy I buy my stuff from was really surprised. He was expecting them to sound darker.

Here is a GW review of them...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post

I think they look fine on solid colour guitars I don't think it matters how much the guitar costs. Now if it was on a quilt or flame top, it would be a little silly.

Comment

Niiiice assortment.
                          The model 5 makes me feel funny "down there".
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Welcome! nice set there mate!

Comment

Nice Charvels you got there! That white one looks like about the same Vintage White type of color that my '87 Model 3 looked like.

I bet your Charvels sound as good as they look also! Welcome to JCF!
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven
                              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                              X