• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Model series in Japan with Stratheads

Hey man, where can I pick one of these up ? They are cool
    www.vendetta-theband.com
    www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Here's a trenlated page for Ikebe Gakki.

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Not sure which price is the actual one you pay, but the floyded ones are either a little over a grand or more like $1500. Maybe some people who really want features like the recessed trem or dinky body will think it's worth it, but not me.

Comment

Thats too much dinero. You can get the USA production models for less than a grand, strathead and all.

Comment

The recessed trem and the dinky body really gets my attention but I was thinking along the lines of $699.00 like the DK2 maybe the extra cash is for the headstock?

Comment

What's the deal with the area around the input jack on the red charvel?..looks kinda jacked up..

Comment

looks like they just added real strathead and real floyd to the charvels they have been selling for years.

Comment

+1

Comment

These guitars were only sold for about 3 months.

They hit the stores in March, and then the Japanese factory announced that they would no longer make Charvels in June or so.

I checked out the one hum model (Model C) at a store back in May. As I recall, the price was about 75000yen (about $720?).
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I wanted one of those soooooo.... bad! "model C"

Comment

That jack plate area looks like they put a strat style jack cup recessed into the edge of the guitar. Looks odd but i guess it's functional.
                      Gil

Comment

it would be interesting to play one. I wonder if they will go up in price since there wasn't many made? DAMN I WANT ONE

Comment

There are a couple up on Yahoo! Auction. Way overpriced, IMO...

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Older Strathead Dinkys (non recessed trems with pull up routes) pop up from time to time, though, like this one:

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

There's no love for these but man add that strathead and a trem upgrade and you guys are all over it. I but they stopped production for the usa charvels just like they did in 2005

Comment

I do like the model A, it is under rated. Isn't it really the same thing as the DK2 with a different head stock or is the neck completely different? I would like to see more pics of that red one Rich, and what is the strat head with the skunk stripe on the left?

Thanks for posting that QR!
                              Last edited by phill_up; 09-10-2008, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X