quick one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick one

i am thinking of replacing the pickups on my model 4, but cant quite persuade myself to. i love the sound of most of the demarzios, but my delima is the single coils have that little tab on the bottom, and i dont want to have to rout the pickup slots for the singles. what do yall use?

you might be able to special order them without the tab. I found a sd hot rails without the tab so I know they are out there.

Comment

those were the only ones i have found so far. thanks

Comment

Some manufacturers will make you a Jackson/EMG style housing if you ask them, I know Bareknuckle do.
        Why so serious?

Comment

Instructions w/pics on how to modify tabbed pickups:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...39&postcount=6

Comment

dg, thanks, i had tried to search a couple times, i guess i searched the wrong subjects (single coil pickups for charvel m4, and various others). i guess my week has been longer than i thought. but thanks again. i might have to try that.

Comment

I never realized that little tab didn't fit in a Jackson. DG, that was cool of you to show that.

BTW, not really prevalent but here's the pickup cavities in my DK2L, and it looks like these have the tabs on them.
              I think all DK2's have this routing, but I'm not sure when Jackson changed over to this style of routing?
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

when they stopped making their own hum-canceling singles...(dunno)

Comment

Working...
                X