Model 2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 questions

is the neck shape on the model 2 about the same as the model 4? I guess they are similar with just diff pickup layout..??

Did the model 2 come in black cherry??

what did the 2s list for new??

Yes, and don't know but the red metal flakes are really nice, and don't know. One did just sell for over 700.
    Currently new price doesn't have must berring on the model series prices they are getting on ebay.

Comment

I've only seen them in regular solid red and candy red, which is really nice like Rich said. Black cherry wasn't a listed color for the Model 2 in catalogs. That doesn't always matter, but I haven't seen one.

Here are list (& some Sam Ash) prices from '88 & '89:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...9&postcount=30

That came from the old Bluebook thread, which maybe needs to be bumped & updated, since the used prices are from 5 years ago:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5386

Comment

I just sold my red one today.
        I had a model 6 in black cherry. The red ones put them to shame.
        Last edited by Rich#6; 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I love the black cherry color and want to get a charvel in that color. I also love the single bucker look of the 2 , so I was hoping they came in black cherry.

OH CRAAP!! Are you Fosterdragon?? The one I was looking at just sold... #!%!!^&%&@$^@!%#

Comment

OH CRAAP!! Are you Fosterdragon??
            yep that's me.

Comment

I was gonna snag your axe bro.. Im so bummed. I was waiting on the answer to my question about the neck and boom, she's gone...

Comment

I would like to know how the necks compared.
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

necks on the bolt-on Model series were pretty much uniform weren't they? DG usually knows this kind of estoric shit on the Models. I think the variation came in with the higher end neckthru 5 & 6.

I do know I have a mint 86 red Model 2 that I will NEVER sell. you'll have to pry it from my cold dead mits.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                  X