looking at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at this

guitar, what do yall think? my blue book says at most worth about 425.
    do yall think i should take a poke at it and make an offer?
    http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/782602447.html

Looks like a well used Model 3, judging by the condition of the JT6. I would say $400 at most for a minty one, but I get the feeling that baby has been well played, and probably only worth around $300 if the rest of the guitar is in similar shape. I guess there is an off chance it;s a chrome JT6 and the guitar is fine, but I've never seen a chrome JT6 on those and you can kind of see some artifacts of the original finish on there.

Comment

Why not help a forum brother out?

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84874
      -Chris

Comment

Now there's a nice one!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

that is...but that one i wouldnt be ok with modding paint pickup and bridge wise...nice guitar

Comment

Really, it wont hurt my feelings at all.

I corrected the add to reflect $350 shipped in the lower 48.
            -Chris

Comment

it would hurt me, cause it is in better condition than my model 4, which i still wont even put a real floyd on until i can find the parts for my JT6, and im not touching it with new paint even though there are some scratches and scuffs, dunno its just me, or maybe the fact that my fiance gave me this one for my birthday. Dunno?

Comment

Sorry CMH2007 , I bought that guitar about a month ago, He needs to remove the ad! I met him 1/2 way from Dallas and Houston. I traded him a couple of old guitars I had laying around. Here it is in my collection all cleaned up, it turned out to be in pretty good shape. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ndallP/006.jpg
                Last edited by Randall; 09-09-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

cool deal. it went to a good home i presume. if you dont mind how much did you pay for it?

Comment

I told him it was worth around 300.00 to 400.00 I offered him 2 Jacksons that I restored in trade for it. We both felt like it was a good deal, I had no use for the Jacksons ( they were cheap Dinkys ). He was happy as I was so we made the trade in Centerville. Are you in Texas? Houston?

Comment

It got to ask as I'm still having a hard time telling, but is that a chrome JT6 or an OFR I can't see the fine tuners on?

Comment

It's chrome JT6, it has the Jackson logo and Floyed Rose License, . I'll take a close up pick for you when I get time.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                          I told him it was worth around 300.00 to 400.00 I offered him 2 Jacksons that I restored in trade for it. We both felt like it was a good deal, I had no use for the Jacksons ( they were cheap Dinkys ). He was happy as I was so we made the trade in Centerville. Are you in Texas? Houston?
                          yup, meyerland (south of 59 on loop 610)

Comment

Working...
                          X