No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 3 Pickup Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electro harmonix makes (or made) a pedal which will cancel the 60hz hum. Idk how it works but it works. You could get that and keep the pups unless you want a hotter pickup.
    Last edited by Floating Seeds; 09-28-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah hum debbuger its called I belived just I don't wanna that, noiseless pickup is what I am seeking with more then fender output but to retain a bit of it sparkle and chime

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
        Yeah hum debbuger its called I belived just I don't wanna that, noiseless pickup is what I am seeking with more then fender output but to retain a bit of it sparkle and chime
        How about the Fender Hot Noiseless? http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0992105000

They also make the Vintage Noiseless.
        Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          How about the Fender Hot Noiseless? http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0992105000

They also make the Vintage Noiseless.
          http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0992115006
          Hot noiseless are good!

Also, Lace sensors are a option, expecially the blue and red.
          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '92 Fender Strat scallop
          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Cuthbert View Post
            Hot noiseless are good!

Also, Lace sensors are a option, expecially the blue and red.
            I've heard good things about both. I did have a MIM Deluxe Players Strat with the vintage noiseless that sounded great, but I think the hot noiseless would have been a little better for my tastes since I prefer more gain and output.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I've heard good things about both. I did have a MIM Deluxe Players Strat with the vintage noiseless that sounded great, but I think the hot noiseless would have been a little better for my tastes since I prefer more gain and output.
              I think Bill Lawrence (who designed the noiseless series) is a genius, one of the few in this business that really knows what he's talking about, his articles on the net are VERY interestings, expecially the patents.

For the Lace, I like them quite a lot, but they aren't REALLY noiseless, aka stacked humbuckers, they're single coils with a very intricate magnetic field with a excellent noise/signal ratio, therefore if you're using a very long chain of effects, with a compressor, for instance, you may hear something...

...well with my noisy DOD 280 I can hear noise even with EMGs.
              '92 Fender Strat scallop
              '97 BC Rich perfect Bich

Comment

I am tempted now to put back J-100 pickups in guitar... So in your opinion guys J-100 is on pair in tone and build quality (or better/worse) when compared with SD, DiMarzio, Fender etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
                  I am tempted now to put back J-100 pickups in guitar... So in your opinion guys J-100 is on pair in tone and build quality (or better/worse) when compared with SD, DiMarzio, Fender etc.?
                  I understood your problem was the noise.

About the quality of Jackson PUs, well, they were made very well, BTW few people know that when CBS closed the plant of Fender in 1985 some of their people went to work for Jackson winding their PUs, now that Jackson is Fender, they came back to work on the custom shop PUs of Fender again.
                  '92 Fender Strat scallop
                  '97 BC Rich perfect Bich

Comment

I have putted back J-100 in the neck and in the middle, also do the wiring thing so when j-100 is active volume pot (which is 500k) behaves like its 250k, gives much better tone to the j-100 and when i switch to humbucker he has regular 500k volume, tone control is standard 250k. Works like charm Tnx guys!

Comment

+1 on the RS guitarworks superpots and caps. they made me love my stock gibson pickups.

if you upgraded your wiring with RS stuff you'll probably love the sound of the J-100.

if not, try the Dimarzio YJM neck pickup.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I didn't use RS as its expensive and i didn't heard difference when compared with my shielding of guitar and wiring. J-100 are copped shielded and sealed with its cover so much less buzz and hum they generate, also I have fully shielded control cavity with copper tape, and I had changed stock wires from J-100 to braided shielded wire type to further decrease hum and buzz. Works very good, but most important thing is that J-100's when active are on 250k volume load not 500k, much better tone

Comment

Working...
                        X