Charvel Model 6 wiring & J-200 pickup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 6 wiring & J-200 pickup help

hi, anyone have the wiring diagram for this? I bought an original J-200 pickup to restore it for the moment but, it only has a white wire and a ground wire, I am thinking this is wrong? Shouldn't it have at least 2 wires and a ground?

well opening it up revealed all very simple the one wire goes to the switch and the ground goes on the pot. Piece of cake. You can delete this thread if you want. And it does only have 1 wire on the other one. Had some other pickup in there dunno what it was but it is now in my Ibanez.

Comment

You had better have the original electronics, because those pickups sound(weak) like shit without it .
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
        You had better have the original electronics, because those pickups sound(weak) like shit without it .
        Holy thread revival batman.

I had a Charvel 275dlx that came with 3 Charvel (by jackson/charvel) branded (what look like J-200's) Dont quote me. but I'm trying to find out if they are J-200's.
        They didnt have any type of active circuit involved, just a 5-way super. and one volume knob. I hated the sound, and what you said about not having the battery box/active circuit might explain why I couldn't bond with them at all. (I put p-90's in... basswood...) haha.

P.S. I will probably post this in the Import section as a Q later if you dont get back to this thread.

Comment

Working...
        X