No announcement yet.

Model 6 value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a 650XL, no wonder it has the Schaller!
    I also really dig the 5-way switch for live play.
    VERY NICE!!!!
    Last edited by nhspike; 10-04-2008, 07:43 AM.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

A cool read:

--floydkramer

Comment

Is it a 650XL? Very cool, I never tried one, but the recess trem and 5 way all = success!

I'm restoring a model 6 right now, and the 3 way toggles are a pain sometimes. I'm giving much thought to making it a 5 way...
        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Also, the Floyd-style locking nut is a plus (instead of the Kahler behind the nut style).
          Sweet woodchopper!!!
          --floydkramer

Comment

Oh, looks like I made a mistake hows the 650xl compare to the model 6 then? and what about value are they any different?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by darhart View Post
              Oh, looks like I made a mistake hows the 650xl compare to the model 6 then? and what about value are they any different?

Thanks.

Toothpaste logo, 5-way switch instead of three mini-switches, recessed Schaller vs non-recessed JT-6, "flat neck" vs slightly angled, locking nut position.

Value is about the same. Some like toothpaste logo, I don´t, so Model 6 goes higher in my book of interest.
              Last edited by GTP; 10-04-2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I prefer a non recessed trem, and dont mind the JT-6 or the lock nut, gimme a model 6 anytime.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                  Is it a 650XL? Very cool, I never tried one, but the recess trem and 5 way all = success!
                  The trem isn't actually recessed. It's just got the recess behind it for pull-ups, but the trem is still over the body. If it were a full recess, well, then you'd see the recess around the whole base of the trem.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X