Trems on late 80's Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trems on late 80's Charvels

Ok, the further I dig, the more questions I unearth...so here goes...

1) Late 80's Charvel's came with a few different trems from what I can tell, and what I have learned from JCF and sister-sites. The trems are the JT-6 (a Jackson licensed Floyd Rose), an Original Floyd Rose, or a Kahler. Is that correct?

2) Many of you seem to think the JT-6 is crap, even though it is a Floyd. What are the differences between a JT-6 and an OFR?

3) Are there other trems I am missing?

1) no. Late 80s imports came with a JT-6 until '88. From '89, the toothpaste logo "Contemporary" series came with a Schaller.

2) the JT-6 isn't a Floyd. It's a Jackson trem licensed under Floyd Rose patents. Check out this to see the different licensed Floyds Jackson has employed over the years, and how they vary to an OFR: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...58&postcount=8

3) see above
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Kahler, jt-6 or schaller. I dont know of any that had an OFR. And the kahler came in 2 types, the flatmount and the fulcrum depending on the model guitar.

Comment

Henrik did a great job putting together a trem info page that covers just about every trem J/C put out over the years:

Comment

Working...
        X