Charvel CX 290

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel CX 290

Hi, recently came to me a Japanese Made Charvel CX290 Guitar.
    i want to know something about it. if you guys got suggestions or comments about this guitar i´ll be glad to read it.

Thanks!

MIJ. Nice playing and feeling guitars, good tuners. The electronics (pots, switchs, jack) were all crappy, and the pickups were kind of weak. Some of these had Stratheads, but I believe they all wound up in Europe after Fender ordered a Cease and Desist. I know of one person here that has one and three or four people on another board. I love my 391 (FR equipped version). It has a really thin, narrow neck that plays nice. Basswood bodies that actually sound half decent. I see them go around $200 in mint condition. If it's a Strathead, I would consider more than that within reason. That said, unless it's a Strathead or you just want a Charvel Strat, I would go with a Used 390/391 for similar if not the same dough, due to the FR. Be aware though the JT580s on these are probably getting near the end of their life (I just replaced mine this time last year after 15 years)

Comment

Thanks for the data.
      then, you think this guitar is worthy to be equiped with dimarzio? or just leave it original?
      here in Argentina (where i am from) imported stuff cost 3 times the original price, so is a kind of pain in the ass to pay for the pick up that exceeds the quality level of the guitar. i owned several guitars... (cheap ones and expensive ones) and this one seems to me pretty fair... so. what do you think?

Comment

If you like it, sure! I have a DiMarzio Tonzone and Schaller trem fitted to mine and don't regret it for a moment, as even though the guitar is only probably worth $100, it just kills in terms of playability. Btw, one thing I forgot to mention is the truss rod on these adjust at the heel of the neck, so keep that in mind if you do your own setups.

Comment

Working...
        X