model 6 humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 6 humbucker?

what was the humbucker? was it a j50bc or a j50b?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

J50-bc I believe.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

j50bc is what mine had

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Well the last one I bought had not been touched and it had a J80c the others I had had the J50 bc
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Some I have have the J50b it could be an error though, as the b is at the very end of the paper it is written on, looks to be cut off..?? I'd have to take the strings off of the others to be sure.

Comment

I have one that was taken out of a model 4. on the back is 2 stickers, 1 reads J50-BC and the other reads Models 4 & 6 I'd take a pic but my wife has the camera.

Comment

If I remember correctly, my original 86 M4 had a J80C, and my 86 M6 had a J50BC. I think it must've been whatever the guy grabbed between the two.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm sure they would use whatever they had on hand if they had too.The ceramic pickup always goes in the bridge.
                  I bought a stock 87 model 5 several years ago that was a virgin and it had 2 J-50 alnico pickups just like the USA's.My first model 5 was all original and untouched and had a J80 in the neck and a J-90c in the bridge it was an 86.
                  So I guess they had set guidelines for each model but you can see they didn't follow the rules all the time.To me thats what makes these guitars so interesting.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My friend has a '87 model 6, and he had a J-50BC, like in my Soloist Pro.

His PU broke, he was desperate because he wanted that sound, so in the end I sold mine...
                    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '92 Fender Strat scallop
                    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
                    X