Model 4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 question

What locking nut (exact model if you know it please) was used on the 1986 Model 4?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Kahler behind the nut lock.

Comment

LOL ....ok, that was a given man. Thanks anyways, but what I was looking for the exact model number of the part (if there even is one). I think that Kahler behind the nut lock might be just a little too general of a description. Thanks again anyways.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Kahler behind the nut lock, model: Kahler behind the nut lock

They are on e-bay all the time... and unless you want to pay 3X, that's where you'll buy it anyhow
        hehe
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

I agree with Rich & Spike. IIRC, it was pretty much just the one standard kind, unless you ordered the flip-lock. As far as the part number, they call it the 5513 Std. Stringlock here:

Comment

OK. Another question then. Would a Floyd R3 Nut work in its stead?

Comment

Yes, but to install it correctly, a shelf will have to be made for it to rest on. Here's a pic of a Charvel neck (originally v-trem) that's been modified for the floyd nut:

Comment

Cool! ok one more question then. Is it absolutely mandatory that the original nut be scrapped when donig the Floyd R3 locknut mod?

Comment

Yes. It has to take the place of the original nut. Not sure if this is what you were getting at, but were you thinking about using one as a behind-the-nut stringlock?

Comment

I've seen that done (using behind the nut).
                    Looks Ghey.
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Looks Ghey
                      And will probably work worse then the kahler.
                      LOL ....ok, that was a given man. Thanks anyways, but what I was looking for the exact model number of the part (if there even is one). I think that Kahler behind the nut lock might be just a little too general of a description. Thanks again anyways.
                      Wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        Yes. It has to take the place of the original nut. Not sure if this is what you were getting at, but were you thinking about using one as a behind-the-nut stringlock?

Yeah, that was/is my plan if it is possible cuz I have two R3 nuts (LOL I said I have 2 nutz) that I don't have a use for right now and was looking to replace/use one of them as a behind the nut ......err......nut. If you can follow what I'm trying to do.

Basically use the R3 nut as a direct replacement for the Kahler behind the nut stringlock.......Follow me?
                        Last edited by bombtek; 10-20-2008, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          And will probably work worse then the kahler.
                          Wasn't trying to be a smart ass.
                          I know you weren't.......I was just looking for a more detailed bit of information on the nut .....that's all.

Comment

Working...
                          X