Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model A

Hey Guys-

Anyone own a Charvel Model A...I think they are from the 2001 timeframe?

How do they play? Are they similiar to feel of an 80's Charvel?

What licensed Floyd Rose comes on the Model A...is it a Schaller?

Thanks!

They come with the jt580 trem. Mine is made by Tackauchi and is a good one. what kind of 80's charvel. Model series? I like mine a lot( I have had 3). better then the model 2s that I have had. Really nice guitars. You can't go wrong with ebony boards and qtrsawn necks. The pickups suck though. Real quilt tops too.
    They were out from around 2002-05.

Comment

Hi Rich, could I bother you to get a tape measure out on the model A of yours? I'm curious to what measurement you will come up with from the floyd route to the edge of the body.
      http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...olobody640.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...arvbody640.jpg

Comment

Hi Rich, could I bother you to get a tape measure out on the model A of yours? I'm curious to what measurement you will come up with from the floyd route to the edge of the body
        It's a little under 3".

Comment

I had a Charvel Model A & I thought it played great. It kind of reminded me of a PC1 in alot of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonpc1 View Post
            I had a Charvel Model A & I thought it played great. It kind of reminded me of a PC1 in alot of ways.
            Which one did you prefer? What were the main differences as far as playability?

Comment

Well I prefered the PC1 over the Model A because the neck was thicker & it had a maple fingerboard, I prefered maple over ebony. At that time I was liking maple fingerboards a lot. The Charvel had Seymour Duncan Live Wire pickups, Mahogany Body , 24 fret , 25.5 Scale , 3- way switch, 1 vol., 1 tone & JT580LP Tremolo. The Charvel Model A was Black. The neck was wide but flat on the model A.

The PC1 had the sustainer which I love & it is USA made which seems to hold value better. So I sold the Chavel a few years ago because I figured down the road the PC1 would be a better investment & the other main reason is , I play my PC1 all the time & I am a huge Phil Collen fan.

Comment

I've got the Model A plus K, that's the one with the Koa top. It's a really beautiful guitar with perhaps the nicest birdseye neck I've ever come across. It's very similar to the PC1 but I hate maple fingerboards, so this ebony one is perfect!

The pickups are SD pearly gates, and 2x lil screamin demons. Sadly this one is for sale as I'm trying to get the cash together to buy a Cornford amp and it's the only guitar I have that I can bring myself to sell, although it's a tough call!!!! I will probably regret it and never find one again, only 50 Koa top ones were made.

Pete

Comment

What's the difference between a Model A and a Charvel Traditional?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                    What's the difference between a Model A and a Charvel Traditional?
                    model A = 24 frets ebony board 2 humbucker
                    model A+ = 24 frets " " H/S/S
                    model A+K = " " Koa
                    Traditional= 22 frets rosewood board, slightly shorter horns on body H/S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebiteuk View Post
                      I've got the Model A plus K, that's the one with the Koa top. It's a really beautiful guitar with perhaps the nicest birdseye neck I've ever come across. It's very similar to the PC1 but I hate maple fingerboards, so this ebony one is perfect!

The pickups are SD pearly gates, and 2x lil screamin demons. Sadly this one is for sale as I'm trying to get the cash together to buy a Cornford amp and it's the only guitar I have that I can bring myself to sell, although it's a tough call!!!! I will probably regret it and never find one again, only 50 Koa top ones were made.

Pete
                      is this the red one advertised in staffordshire?

Comment

Working...
                      X