Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model is this LP bodied Charvel?

Hi

Here's the link to the image: http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?i...g101312dr9.jpg

I've once found info about this guitar on the forum, but I can't find it now. This is a LP bodied Charvel, but the owner has no info on it. He just knows it's Japanese made.

Personally I'm wondering what wood the body is made of, and how much it is worth in the US market. I think I might approach him with a deal.

Thanks for taking time to help

Man I don't have time to search for that but it seemed like his name was "mustangaxeslinger" on eBay. seems like they was going for a little over $200 but I could be wrong. When I ask about the quality I was told that they were worth what they were selling for.

Comment

http://www.tekky.net/guitars/guitarsenal/images/clesp-fr-1.jpg read this http://jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86267
      Last edited by jacksonaxes; 10-31-2008, 10:25 PM.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I think Newc's got one of those, too. They were made in silver, blue and pink.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toe, was they actually made in Japan? Are they really Charvels or do they just have the sticker on them?

Comment

I believe they were made in Japan for the Japanese market.

Comment

I believe they were only made for the Japanese market. But it seems like there isn't much info on the net :/

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I think Newc's got one of those, too. They were made in silver, blue and pink.
                Not any more. (I bought Newc's years ago)

I've also seen it available in Tobacco burst.

The only thing I know about the guitar is that it is an overseas only model that has "Refinement" on the headstock. The neck feel is very much like the model series, the body feel is very much like a Les Paul JR.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, check "this"" out. could it be possible that the guitar isn't really even a charvel? Why is there no record to be found on the charvel refinement?

Check "this" guitar out that a forum member bought. It is a seven string Ibanez Gem for $275, that was with shipping included.
                  Last edited by phill_up; 11-01-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I've seen that and the thread here about it.

Not sure why there isn't a record on the Refinement, however, there have been several legitimate overseas-only models that we haven't been able to get info on.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                      Not any more. (I bought Newc's years ago)

I've also seen it available in Tobacco burst.

The only thing I know about the guitar is that it is an overseas only model that has "Refinement" on the headstock. The neck feel is very much like the model series, the body feel is very much like a Les Paul JR.
                      Ah, you got Newc's old one. Cool! I remember the tobacco burst now, too.

Comment

Out of interest, these aren't in anyway related to that single hum LPish thing Jackson did a few years back is it? These seem like they had a small body, hence my asking.

Comment

The Jackson JJP from 1997? Not sure. But it's possible that they ran concurrently and released the Refinement overseas only just to get around the Gibson shape. The JJP's body seemed to be a little smaller and the cutout is more rounded.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

you mean this charvelrocker? "click"

Comment

Dude, that's a cool "Foot standing on the lawn" graphic on that JJP!!
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X