CX series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX series

I was curious if these were rare or anything like that. Good guitar? Expensive? thanks.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Not really "rare" other than they were only made for a few years.
    Short production periods don't always equate to becoming valuable.
    In most cases it means they were a failure in the market.

Not bad for beginner to intermediate guitars, but nothing to brag about.
    Cheap... very cheap. Like under $300 cheap.
    Find one with a strat headstock (Japanese market only) and it could pull in $350 to $400.
    -Rick

Comment

hey guys i own a Charvel CX290 and im intrigued about the pick ups.. specially the bridge one. if you got the info ill be gratefull. thanks!

Comment

The CX290 has a Jackson J-110 in the neck and middle and a J-55 in the bridge.
        Can't tell you much about them as I've never personally used them before.
        -Rick

Comment

know something about the freatboard´s wood? looks like rosewood but it isn´t... this one got this tiny little holes...
          thanks

Comment

cheap rosewood.

Comment

Kinda of surprised... mine is a great player, easily as nice as any model series. The neck is quartersawn, the basswood is nice, and the original trem lasted something to the tune of 15 years. The cut of rosewood is average but not really crappy in terms of quality. I will say though they are a lot better guitars once you upgrade the pickups and hardware. The necks on these are also pretty thin and fairly narrow to boot.

Comment

Working...
              X