My pair of Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pair of Models

I wish I could afford one of each of the Model series!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

mine.
    Attached Files
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
      mine.
      I bet they're nice.....cannot see them but I got a good imagination LOL
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Oh before you all ask ..yes those strings are green......Look it was time to change them and those were the only ones I had so gimmee a break :p

Oh and if ya look closely ...to all those that had any questions...there is a DEFINITE difference in body shapes between the neckthru's and bolt-ons Model Series guitars.
        Last edited by bombtek; 11-12-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          Oh and if ya look closely ...to all those that had any questions...there is a DEFINITE difference is body shapes between the neckthru's and bolt-ons Model Series guitars.
          the Model 5 & 6 are neckthru's & have the dinky body size/shape, and Models 1-4 are bolt-on's with the full size strat body shape.

what's up with that natural strat? bigtime strip and refin? is that how basswood looks?
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Very cool!!! Love the firecrackle on the 5... What's with the bridge on the other???
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              the Model 5 & 6 are neckthru's & have the dinky body size/shape, and Models 1-4 are bolt-on's with the full size strat body shape.

what's up with that natural strat? bigtime strip and refin? is that how basswood looks?

Yup, I sanded the shit out of it (took forfuckinever to do) and applied a light mahogany (I think) Minwax stain after the sanding. Got it super smooth by finishing with 1600 grit and then tung oiled it. The back of the neck is sanded down to raw wood and then tung oiled too.

The basswood was greenish in color prior to the staining. In some spots, there is also a slight flame to it as well. I was pleased with the results.....till I think its time to do it again and paint it neon green LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                Very cool!!! Love the firecrackle on the 5... What's with the bridge on the other???
                The bridge on the other one is a Kahler 2700 also known as the Kahler Killer. I nabbed it off of Ebay way back when ...still looking for the all black version instead if anyone wants to trade??.....Great trems and because of the trem post spacing it is the only one out there that is a direct replacement for the original Kahler 2500 that came with the guitar.

Comment

Very, very nice !!!

Firecrackle 5fx - (a twin arrived just 3 hours ago - still gazing at her in awe !)
                  ... and that basswood-body looks good with mahogany stain !
                  uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Nice pair!
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                    X