Soloist for 395

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist for 395

At the Pawn where I picked up the Model 1 there is a toothpase logo Charvel in antique white. I call it a soloist but I am not sure exactly. Its 24 frets, neck through, HSS 3 knobs and I think 3 switches but I'm not positive about the switches.

Its $395 I think with case. You guys think its worth it?

Ah, so many guitars, so little cash.............lol

Originally posted by shredhed View Post
    Its 24 frets, neck through, HSS 3 knobs and I think 3 switches but I'm not positive about the switches.
    That could be a 650 Custom or 650 XL - except for the (3) switches, they have a 5-way blade. Here's a pic of the 650XL:

The price would be fine over here (Euro-land) ! JT-590 and JE-1200 mid-boost !
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Thats not a bad price try to get them to go down on the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
        That could be a 650 Custom or 650 XL - except for the (3) switches, they have a 5-way blade. Here's a pic of the 650XL:

The price would be fine over here (Euro-land) ! JT-590 and JE-1200 mid-boost !

That's it only in white. The switches could have been added

Comment

Model 6, if it has switches...?
          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

A transition model perhaps? There is a picture of exactly what he described in the '88 catalog but it has the old logo. They switched to the new logos in '89. Maybe it was a leftover or something so they just threw a toothpaste logo on and hoped for the best.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=39&pos=2 (top right) Add a toothpaste logo and it sounds exactly like what you are describing.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
              Thats not a bad price try to get them to go down on the price.
              You're kidding, right? $400 for a neckthrough import Charvel OR Jackson is still a steal.

You people amaze me.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                You're kidding, right? $400 for a neckthrough import Charvel OR Jackson is still a steal.

You people amaze me.
                Kinda what I was thinking but I'm never up to date on prices so I didn't want to say the wrong thing. If I saw one for 400 I'd buy it in a second.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Ive seen them for that and less in the last few months. Might be just lucky here in MPLS.

Comment

Might be just lucky here in MPLS.
                    Must be. I've been watching CL and Kijiji for about a year now and I've never even seen a Charvel on either.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

I've paid $225 for a 86 model 6 ,$175 for 5FX $200, mod 4 & $225 550XL.

Comment

Not fair!!!!!

"Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

You sir, are a smart shopper

Comment

How long ago?

I agree a hundred percent with Newc. $395 for a neckthrough Charvel/Jackson import is a great price. Yeah, it's cool to offer them less to see if they'll bite, but in the end if they dig their heals in the ground just break out the $395 and be done with it.
                            Last edited by Razor; 11-16-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I didn't buy 2 model 6's in the last few months that were $395 or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X