my first predator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first predator!

i just scored this guy for 220 shipped from a guy over at UG. i havnt gotten it yet, but this is it.

its got emgs and looks like he upgraded the trem unless they came with schaller trems. glad it doesnt have one of those jt-6's

Great score! Yes the Schaller JT590 was stock on some of those.

Comment

Nice score Dan! I always liked those guitars.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        Nice score Dan! I always liked those guitars.
        yeah maybe i'll like the 85 at the bridge in this one....we'll see. i've never played one, but i did have a charvel avenger that i put a predator neck on and i liked the way it felt. besides you cant beat black on black.

hey axe- didnt you score a white one awhile ago? still lovin it?

Comment

The Predator is still my number one. Let us know how the 85 sounds. I've got a JB in mine and it rips.
          Scott

Comment

any idea how i can date this? the serial is 328408

Comment

I'd guess that it's an earlier one, maybe '90? The serial on mine is 348038. I guessed that it was a '91 only because I've seen higher serials and they only made it until '92.
              Scott

Comment

thats kinda what i was thinkin cause when i looked at the '89 catalog scan black wasnt a color option.
                Last edited by jdr94; 11-20-2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                  Yeah it's a great little axe. Mine is bone stock, and I love the Jackson pups in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                    yeah maybe i'll like the 85 at the bridge in this one....we'll see. i've never played one, but i did have a charvel avenger that i put a predator neck on and i liked the way it felt. besides you cant beat black on black.

The 85 might be a good one for that Predator. What kind of body wood did they have? Alder or Basswood?
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                      The 85 might be a good one for that Predator. What kind of body wood did they have? Alder or Basswood?
                      good question cause i have no idea and the 89 catalog scan doesnt say.

Comment

I seem to recall something about them being basswood. Could be mistaken.

Comment

I was always under the assumption that they're poplar. Definitely could be basswood though, as they don't have a very bright sound.
                          Scott

Comment

alright. this thing sounds great with the 85 in the bridge. still not sure of the body wood but it sounds great. lotsa punch.

Comment

My best friend has one of those...his has some DiMarzios in it. It sounds sick and is a blast to play, thanks in part to that badass trem.
                              From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
                              X