Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is a good idea to switch Fender to Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a good idea to switch Fender to Charvel?

Hi, i know. this a CHARVEL forum but got a trascendental question.
    i own a Mexican Fender Stratocaster Classic Series 50s Maple Fingerboard Body in Daphne Blue. Maybe you guys know this guitar.
    so... im thinking to sell it out and get a Model 5 or Model 6.
    what do you think about this trade? im into more progresive metal music so the strat one seems to me a little weak for this style.
    ill be glad to hear your suggestions.
    Thank you...

If I were you, I'd get one of the new Charvel So-Cals. I think they offer amazing bang for the buck.

Comment

A Model 5 or 6 would kick any bolt-on ass

Comment

I prefer a USA Fender rather than a Charvel
        ------------------------------------------------
        Jackson King V Pro Mustaine Model
        Fender Stratocaster 90'
        Acustic Taylor Baby
        Marshal 8100 Lead 4x12 1812 Model

Comment

If you like the feel of your guitar, then swap out the pickups instead of gambling on a guitar that you might regret, unless of course you can play it first.

Yngwie shreds on a Strat, as well as alot of others.
          It's not what you play, it's how you play it.

But yeah Jackson/Charvel rules...
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I'd suggest keeping the Strat, and buying a less expensive MIJ Jackson, or any of the Charvel Model Series to get a taste of them.

I agree with the SoCal...in this economy you ought to see them going cheap soon. Like right around Christmas.

Comment

woaw! thanks for the answers!!!
              i really apreciate it.
              i´ve to tell you that in the past y owned a charvel Model 2 and i know pretty well the guitar. then right now besides my fender i got a Charvel CX290 so, i know the CX290 isn´t a model 2 or 5 but to get a general idea i think it worth.
              Here the question tends to be more into "economical" aspect.
              both guitars (classic series and a model 5) got nice body and neck... so electronics could be replaced... so. in the matter of gain or lose the value of the instrument. tell me what you think.
              Many many thanks.

P.d. later ill post a link of a youtube video for my charvel to hear how it sounds.

Comment

check my charvel out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5cVoI-Mxq4

Comment

Originally posted by Hikshredd View Post
                  so. in the matter of gain or lose the value of the instrument. tell me what you think.
                  Old import Charvels are worth next to nothing, regardless of their features. Great instruments, yes, but they don't have any collectible value.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    Old import Charvels are worth next to nothing, regardless of their features. Great instruments, yes, but they don't have any collectible value.
                    Considering you couldn't give Charvel Models away 10 years ago for $100, they have increased tremendously in value. Will they ever be worth a USA Charvel, no, but not because they are inferior guitars.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Sell me all of yours, then...$50/piece sound about right?

Comment

I'm not so sure about that.
                        We shall see, I suppose.

Comment

The USA Charvels have collectible value because they were hand built, and because there are relatively few of them around. Import Charvels were produced en masse, and even though they are top notch quality-wise, they will always "play second fiddle" to a hand made USA San Dimas Charvel when it comes to collectible value. I personally doubt that the MIJ Charvels will hit the same price levels they had when they were sold as new for instance.

As for comparing it to a MIM Fender...uh...I don't know. They're not exactly collectible either, right?

Comment

The Model 1s are going for more then they cost new.
                            The squier MIJs are going for double what they cost new.

Comment

i made up my mind... ill sell my strat and ill goin´to buy a model 6
                              theres one here in local ebay-like site...
                              it cames whit dimarzios and EMG afterburner system.

Comment

Working...
                              X