Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking of buying my first charvel ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of buying my first charvel ...

I'm thinking of buying my first charvel , I'm leaning towards a model 6.All of you charvel guys know much more than I do about charvels ,so please tell me which charvel you'd get (if it was your first) and why ,pictures encouraged !!!
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

A model 6 is an excellent choice. However, getting any Charvel that is in good condition for a fair price is a wise decision. You can learn everything you need to know by reading all the previous threads on JCF- Good luck Jayster!

Comment

I'd go for a Model 4, 5, OR 6. Can't go wrong with ANY of those.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

They're all excellent, and each one has something different going on. Just go by the features that you like the most, look for one in good shape, and I guarantee you'll end up a happy camper. My first was a Model 6. I was actually looking for a Soloist when I joined here, and knew nothing about import Charvels. I read a bunch of info & ended up grabbing a Model 6 right away for $400, just to see if they could possibly be as good as people were saying. One of the best guitar-buying decisions I've ever made.

Comment

Any model series.

Eventually, you'll need one of each, pretty much.

I like the toothpaste logo era 375/475 stuff, since they come with a floyd-style locking nut, and Schaller trem., but some don't dig the big logo.

Predator's are actually the real scores, in my opinion.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

i got my model 6 in 1990 and i will never let it go!

Comment

I don't like neck throughs or dinky's, so I would go for the Models 1-4.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I'd get one of the new So Cal's.

Comment

This is posted in the import section so i assume the new USA models are out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                    This is posted in the import section so i assume the new USA models are out of the question?

Since this will be shooting blind (I won't be able to play before I buy), I was thinking I'd go with an import model first - see how much I do or don't like it ,before crossing into the more expensive American market .
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                      I'd go for a Model 4, 5, OR 6. Can't go wrong with ANY of those.
                      +1
                      what he said
                      stop thinking about it, and do it, it's a good idea !

Comment

I'm a bolt on one humbucker with a floyd fan, so guess which one gets my vote? Model 2's all the way for me! A lot of it boils down to what you like/want. Bolt on or neck through/set neck, one or two humbuckers, or one humbucker two single coils, active circuitry midboost, floyd, vintage trem, pickguard or no pickguard, and maple/maple board or maple/rosewood board. The opportunities are pretty endless with the Model series.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                            Any model series.

Eventually, you'll need one of each, pretty much.

I like the toothpaste logo era 375/475 stuff, since they come with a floyd-style locking nut, and Schaller trem., but some don't dig the big logo.

Anyone who would dislike a guitar because of a headstock logo, really isn't a guitarist!

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a bolt on. Plus there are a lot of options. I like Model 2 & 3a the best, but that is just me. I am more of a humbucker guy. Plus I never got use to the mini switches on the 4 & 6.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X