Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking of buying my first charvel ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
    Any model series.

Eventually, you'll need one of each, pretty much.
    True.

When I consider I once looked down on Charvels as being inferior pieces of shit, and would turn my nose up at them when I got my first Jackson back in 1988, I cringe. I was just a total guitar snob and the fact you could buy a Charvel Model series anywhere made me ignore them totally. What a mistake.

Since then I grew up have had several - Model 1, 4, etc., but let them go because they were worth very little, you could hardly give them away 10-15 years ago. Now I wish I'd held onto a couple, they played really well.

A couple of years ago, got a Model 6, and the depth of my ignorance became clear. What a guitar! Plays like a knife through butter, I'll never punt it on, and am looking out for more. Prices are on the up though (well they were before all this bank nonsense started)
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

well I just bid on a model 4 ,off white with kahler (I've heard these are bad about going out of tune( I only have used floyds in the past)).Does anyone have a model\colors(graphics) list ?
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I've had both Model 4s and 6s with the Kahler, and have had minimal problem with them. Ya just gotta know how to take care of them.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey? I thought that once you went Jackson you couldn't go back?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            well I just bid on a model 4 ,off white with kahler (I've heard these are bad about going out of tune( I only have used floyds in the past)).Does anyone have a model\colors(graphics) list ?
            Refer to the sticky in the Tech Q&A section. There's a real good post in there by "slo100" about common maintanence related problems with Kahlers. Some real good reading in there about a lot of other things too! Good luck with the bidding!

Comment

Well , I was outbid on the model 4 ,I'm going to be keeping an eye out for model 4 and 6 though.I'm also patient , within a year I'm sure I'll have one.If anyone decides to sell one ,please feel free to pm any details.

Thanks for your help
              Jay

Comment

get a model 6, they're the type of axe that you'll NEVER get rid of because of how awesome they play. feel and look!
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

Hey Jayster-

John Lawson has a Model 6 for sale...check the classifieds...not an easier guy on here to deal with, either!

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    Well , I was outbid on the model 4 ,I'm going to be keeping an eye out for model 4 and 6 though.I'm also patient , within a year I'm sure I'll have one.If anyone decides to sell one ,please feel free to pm any details.

Thanks for your help
                    Jay
                    well first, keep your eyes peeled. people sometimes ask a lot for the guitars but also if they are on Ebay once in a while someone actually runs an auction rather than just put a BIN on it.

You don't have to pay a lot of money if you are patient. Pawn Shops are your best bet here, but CL is too depending on where you live. If you watch really close it won't take long to score big. NH Spike was right too. The 375/475/Predator type models are findable as well for a really reasonable amount. The 4's go a little higher especially if its nice. I watched a nice 375 not sell for $325 a couple of weeks ago on the bay (and that's about what they go for on Ebay) because some folks don't like pointy headstocks. If I didn't already have one........ anyway, you'll find one. And there are people here who have nice ones so you might avoid a beat-up Pawn Shop guitar if someone is selling. Good luck.
                    Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 12-06-2008, 11:46 PM.
                    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                      Here's another one that would be a good deal if live.com's cashback gets back up to 25-30%

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Jackson-...3A6%7C294%3A50

damn , some one bin(ed) it up , nice color on it (what is this color called ?)great find ,I've been lazy about ebay'ing lately.

that was beautifull !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCharvel View Post
                        Anyone who would dislike a guitar because of a headstock logo, really isn't a guitarist!
                        Hmmm... I've been stewing on this post for a while and must reply.

What makes a guitarist a guitarist is not his taste in logo's, which... I think was your point, but, in making your point, you un-made it.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                        X