Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would a model 2 with silverburst be worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would a model 2 with silverburst be worth?

Hi, I got a lookout on this model 2 at this pawn shop with a $300 price tag. I got the guy down to $200, but i'm curious if i resell it, what would I get for it realistically. The silver burst paint looks like a pro job, they painted over a candy red. PS i'm not trying to sell it here! I'm just curious that it would be worth the effort if i resold it.

the body is identical to this , but with a pointy headstock.

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

I dont think you could go wrong with a model 2 for $200. As long as the paint looks pro you should be fine. The only caveat is if it has the kahler or jt-6 (floyd) trem. the kahler kills the value on those, but $200 is still probably a decent deal.

Comment

Talk him down more- remember they didn't give the person more than 50 or 60 bucks if that for it. I don't know where you live DeathThrashAttack but around here pawn shops are the busiest spots in town, they are taking in way more stuff than they are selling. My last guitar hunt to the pawns turned me off for good though. I just realized how sleazy they are, some guy was literally crying and begging the owner for 5 bucks more on a piece of jewelry that was worth way more. Then some beautiful lady with her son came in to claim her laptop and the guy said something rude and I know she felt embarrassed. Pawn shops just prey off other people's misfortune. Shoot- wave a hundred bucks cash in his face and he'll probably take it. And yeah- you could sell it for more.

Comment

I hear what you guys are saying. I know for a fact that the majority of the guitars in that shop have been their for 8-10 years+ and mostly have been stagnant their because the owners are pricks and won't budge that much on their prices.

I'm gonna try and snag it up with the nice charvel case for when I go their tomorrow. They have a few guitars their i'm interested in (another charvel model 4 and a aria pro zz deluxe for $100.00), i'll give you guys a lowdown when i go their tomorrow.
        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

$200 is a good price especially if it has a case. I say buy it!

Comment

hah! yeah so i picked up the Charvel and the case for $200 today! pretty psyched, the guitar is gorgeous after I detailed it, including the almost new looking neck.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Please post photos, would love to see it.

Comment

Aren't you left handed?
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                X