Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new score: Model 2 (silver/blue burst custom paint)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new score: Model 2 (silver/blue burst custom paint)

So, I walk into a pawn shop over 10 years ago and spot this very nice Charvel that seems to have a very nice burst on it. Upon further playing I realize it was actually a paint job over a candy red color. Fast forward to now and I walk back into the same pawn shop (started going early this year and scoring nice guitars on the cheap) and its still sitting there store, collecting dust. I pick it up and it plays great still, minus the rusty strings. Its missing the backplate and the truss rod cover (just bought them from stewmac.) The neck looks new, if thats possible. Ended up paying $200.00 for it with its original tweed Charvel case.

I have the rag there to avoid scratching the paint because its a non-recessed floyd without the strings to hold it in its floating position. Check it out.

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

that guitar sat in the same pawn shop for 10 years? wow

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        that guitar sat in the same pawn shop for 10 years? wow
        I think mainly because this pawn shop is notorious for its asshole owner who won't budge on prices. I got them down about half of what it costs and brought up the fact i seen it in there that long ago.
        :idea:

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

DeathThrashAttack- glad you got it man, looks really nice. That's nuts that the pawn shop owner had it for over 10 years- that guitar has a story behind it already! Model 2s have a lot of customizing and upgrade options. String her up and let us know how she sounds!

Comment

Cool man.
            Enjoy, and report.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

I have a jap charvel, that sat in GC for about 2 years. I watched as things started missing from it and new dings were on it every time I visited it. We bonded and Its mine now.

Comment

I found out this was made in 1988. I hear some talk about 88 models, any significance?

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Charvel Model 88:

Very distinctive.
                  African ribbon mahogany, reverse headstock w/sharkies, single (slanted) humbucker, just volume, dinky body, JT-6 trem.
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

super nice!
                    Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                    Charvel Model 88:

Very distinctive.
                    African ribbon mahogany, reverse headstock w/sharkies, single (slanted) humbucker, just volume, dinky body, JT-6 trem.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Nice score on the Model 2. You will not be disappointed in it once you have it strung up and ready to go. Glad to see you were able to get it. Good job on the price too!

Comment

Fucker is SWEET looking with the new strings on it (11-52 tuned to D)

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Damn! Imagine that! A 20 year old guitar stuck for the last 10 years in a creepy old pawn shop somewhere and you rescued it and brought it back to life. I just think that is so cool. Your axe looks really great and the paint job looks killer! Way to go.

Comment

Comment

Nice Razor, my sentiments too.

Comment

Working...
                              X