Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Charvel...is it Friday yet?!

Hey All-

Well, after two weeks of waiting, UPS tracking shows my Model 3 will be here tomorrow...can't wait!

Only problem is, the poor thing is coming in from NY, so that is 3 days in a COLD truck, only to arrive here in MN where it is 10 degrees right now...BRRRR. So, once she gets here, going to let it sit in the box for at least an hour, then remove the cardboard and let it sit in the chainsaw case for another hour or two before I am finally am able to crack the seal and check it out.

One quick question...it is ok to remove all of the strings (to clean guitar fretboard, etc) or do I need to do one a time so I don't bend/twist the neck?

Pics to follow

Why don't you take it outside to open it up to at least make sure it arrived intact. You can check it out and hold it or what ever. You can then close it up and bring it in to gradually warm up. It would suck to have to wait 2 - 3 hours just to find out that there's a problem with it.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

Congrats & enjoy! It's fine to take all the strings off. One at a time makes changes easier, but when it's time to clean it up, you've gotta take 'em all off.

Not sure if you've dealt with a non-recessed trem before, so in case you haven't, it's a good idea to put something soft under the rear of the trem before removing all the strings, in order to protect the finish. A rubber eraser, a pencil rolled in some cloth, etc. works pretty well.

Comment

Thanks for the tips/info, guys...

Comment

When I'm doing a full cleaning, I usually just take the bridge out.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X