How does a Model 475 compare to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a Model 475 compare to...

How does a Charvel 475 compare to... The DK2M? Anyone played/own both?

Are they comparable feel neckwise? They seem that they would be pretty close in other aspect...

(Wasn't sure where to post this... Here or import Jackson...)

I love my 475, but do have an interest in a maple neck with ebony-ish sharks... Short of a custom shop white single hum Dinky with maple/ebony neck and white headstock, the DK2M might appease me a bit.

Comments?

Thanks!

I have 2 475 Deluxes and love em, Great players.

Comment

Pretty much the same.
      I've had both.
      Same feel to the neck, for the most part.
      Play it before you buy it, since there are some doggies barkin' out there from what I've read on here.
      I like the Schaller trem of the 475 though...
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Nice one on the bay that I'm digging for cheap...EMG 81's already and white

May have to buy it.. See where it goes tho...

Comment

Those white ones are bad-ass looking.
          Really dig them.
          --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah, that seems to be the only color I like with that neck at all... White headstock would be bomb on it...

I prefer white-ish guitars in general as they stand out from my clothes better onstage.

Comment

I wonder what you would have to pay to get that headstock tricked out?
              --floydkramer

Comment

Ehh, not worth dealing with it for a cheapie guitar. Would be sorta cool tho...

I would just as well like another 475 myself, but the black inlays on those necks always get my attention...

Comment

Would be nice if the inlays were ebony, not delrin (plastic).
                  That would be a cool makeover... change out the plastic for ebony, and white fin the headstock.
                  If you could do it yourself, it wouldn't be bad.
                  If you had to pay someone, hell, may as well get a custom shop guitar at that point.
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah, I've pined for years for a white Gargoyle pencil graphic Dinky w/white headstock, maple neck/ebony sharks...

I think I priced it once at around 4.2+k... Don't want it that much I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X