No announcement yet.

Hi from a n00b! Oh, and some Charvels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a n00b! Oh, and some Charvels!

Hey all, I'm Mick from England and I just got access here.

Here's my 375 deluxe, which I picked up on a trip to the states (to a jam session with some folks from Cyberjammin.com). As you can see it's in white

I bought it to stand in at gigs for my no1 Kramer, which is old and irreplaceable now, so is coming off the road.

I was so impressed with it I bought this puppy! A 475 Deluxe (?) in Silver Sparkle that appears to have aged to a pale gold. IMMACULATE condition.

I am absolutely delighted with these players and will be gigging them to death.

Anyway, intro over. And now back to our regular programming.

The 475 is gorgeous. I'm looking to score one soon.
    Gear:
    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
    Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
    Ibanez RG320
    Ensanada Acoustic
    Peavey Bandit 112
    Soon to Be:
    Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
      The 475 is gorgeous. I'm looking to score one soon.
      Man, you need one It plays like a dream.

I'm replacing the pickups with something more in line with the 375s because the preampage is too powerful for the front end of my rig, but other than that it's absolutely ground zero what I needed in a main gigging guitar.

Comment

Nice looking guitars, both of them.
        Welcome to the forum.
        I keep the preamp mostly off on my model 4/6/475, then roll just enough on to give me the balls I'm looking for.
        I find it works great for my ears/rig.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

I love my 475, it's my main axe. And I have USA's Jacksons, a Gibson, and a USA BC Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            Nice looking guitars, both of them.
            Welcome to the forum.
            I keep the preamp mostly off on my model 4/6/475, then roll just enough on to give me the balls I'm looking for.
            I find it works great for my ears/rig.
            Hey nhspike

Could you describe how you keep the preamp mostly off? Do you mean rolling back the mid boost pot, or is there a variable resistor type deal in the control cavity.....?

Mick =

Comment

Mick,
              Yes, just roll that knob all the way off.
              Get you're best tone dialed into your amp, then roll on as much kick as you like, depending on what sound you're going for.
              I used to run everything all the way up on the guitar, but after a while got sick of the muddy sound I was getting.
              Like I said, it works for my ears... but I'm half deaf.

LOL
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                Mick,
                Yes, just roll that knob all the way off.
                Get you're best tone dialed into your amp, then roll on as much kick as you like, depending on what sound you're going for.
                I used to run everything all the way up on the guitar, but after a while got sick of the muddy sound I was getting.
                Like I said, it works for my ears... but I'm half deaf.

LOL
                lol!

I'll try that at the gig tomorrow. I'm still going to put in storage I think (see my other thread), but It's going to be reluctantly. I LOVE what the mid booster does with the cleans for recording.

Good job I have my JB Strat and Kramer for recording with!

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X