replacement pots for model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement pots for model 6

My volume pot and the input jack crackles a lot. I replaced the volume years ago with whatever i had around. What are the correct replacements? And where to get?

The volume pot had the mid boost board on it . You can only find that used on ebay. The input jack is just a stereo one. You can get that anywhere.

Comment

If yours still has the midboost circuit, the correct volume pot to replace the one mounted to the board is a 50K audio taper pot.

The other two pots are a 250k audio taper pot for the tone, and a 50k linear taper pot for the midboost control.

The stereo jacks these came with have a plastic housing that can crack and allow the contacts to slip around. Like Rich said, any stereo jack will work. When I replaced mine with a Switchcraft jack, I had to bend the contacts in slightly for it to fit, but it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        If yours still has the midboost circuit, the correct volume pot to replace the one mounted to the board is a 50K audio taper pot.

The other two pots are a 250k audio taper pot for the tone, and a 50k linear taper pot for the midboost control.

The stereo jacks these came with have a plastic housing that can crack and allow the contacts to slip around. Like Rich said, any stereo jack will work. When I replaced mine with a Switchcraft jack, I had to bend the contacts in slightly for it to fit, but it worked fine.
        I still have the midboost. what is the pot for the midboost control your talking about? I have one volume and two tones.
        Whats the difference between the pots in the link? Which one exactly would i want?Thanks.
        Last edited by broken_fusion; 12-14-2008, 10:29 AM.

Comment

The third pot (furthest from the volume) is the midboost level control. It may sound like it's having the effect of a tone control, but it's the midboost level. Middle pot is your tone control for all pickups.

Comment

Working...
          X