Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this charvel

Hi there....

I recently found my old charvel, which I sold about 12 years ago... It was my first decent guitar.
    Here is a picture of it from the guy that has it now... It is pretty good shape and has the original pickups and bridge...

I always thought this was a charvel fusion, but the charvel fusion I found on the web has different pickup configuration.

How much is it worth these days?

It is a Fusion.
    Looks like someone tweaked the humbucker route to handle a real humbucker.

Check the scale length. It should be 24.75
    -Rick

Comment

Fusion Special. I have the exact same guitar in white as well. Replaced the very back p/u with a SD Hot Rails. Previous owner put an OFR that does not quite fit in the cavity (visually) but plays perfectly. Bad ass guitar.
      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Catalog scan:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....685&fullsize=1

Yours doesn't actually have the original pickups. These came with a pair of stacked hums in the bridge and 5-way switching. The mod yours has is very common with this setup, and is an improvement, imo. Lots of people also change out the single-locking trem as well.

Comment

That´s the point, those were the original pickups (the ones in the picture). I bught the guitar brand new, and in the store there were 2 charvels with the exact configuration, one withe and one red...
          Last edited by darkerknight; 12-15-2008, 07:49 AM.

Comment

It's listed on ebay? as a fusion or 3,4,5
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by darkerknight View Post
              That´s the point, those were the original pickups (the ones in the picture). I bught the guitar brand new, and in the store there were 2 charvels with the exact configuration, one withe and one red...
              I've never seen that type of blade humbucker in a Charvel from that timeframe. I'd take it out to see if there are any ID markings or stickers on the back, and to see if the pickup cavity looks modded. I'm not doubting that you bought it new, but maybe it's possible that the dealer modded both of them if they were hanging in the shop for months & not selling.

Comment

Working...
              X