Help with an id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an id

I have an older charvel and I would like to get some more information on it. The neckplate is fort worth serial 3923. I have found it to be from '84 but other than that I have no idea what I have. It has a kahler trem, jackson tuners, jackson hum/single/single pickups, rosewood fretboard on a maple? neck, and in the neck pocket its stamped charvel 30, it has 1 tone and 1 volum, 5 way pickup selecter, and the pickups say jackson model 3 bridge, 3 middle, 3 neck. Sorry my camera is not working. Thanks in advance

You're missing some digits in that serial number.
    All Ft. Worth plates have six digit serials and they didn't exist before 1986.
    Sounds like a 1986 Model 3. Made in Japan.
    -Rick

Comment

sorry musta missed those first 2's its 223923

Comment

Yep... 86 Model 3
        -Rick

Comment

Do you know of anywhere where I can find model specific info. I mean like what features certain models have and whatnot. Thank you for your help. Could you tell me how you know what model mine is? Did the serial number alone tell you? Would it be possible to put a non trem bridge on my guitar like say a hipshot or something?
          Last edited by yearofthespider2k3; 12-28-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Look at the mid-late 80's Charvel catalogue scans. They should help answer your questions about model differences and whatnot.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Import serial numbers are all but useless when it comes to identifying the guitar.
              They will get you close to the year it was built, but that's about it.
              The specs you mentioned are what I used to ID the guitar.
              -Rick

Comment

+1.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

+ http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44173
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X