Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Charvel

I know I know. I million a day right?

It " needs some work" the guy is telling me. He can't tell me what in particular but he's "not a dumby". So how much should I offer for a dinged up non working Charvel?
    Gear:
    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
    Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
    Ibanez RG320
    Ensanada Acoustic
    Peavey Bandit 112
    Soon to Be:
    Pedals!

Looks to be a Fusion Custom !

Hard to say, how much you should offer - without knowing, what "some work" will be !?
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

J

Just offer him "some cash" and see how he feels about that...

Comment

Well, the "non-working" probably means it needs to be rewired. It could mean that some of the parts are bad though, which could mean new pots, new switch, or even new pickups.

I'd offer $50.
        Scott

Comment

It's a Fusion Custom as already mentioned.

john.w.lawson sold one just like that on ebay for $450.

Personally I have many Fusions but I wouldn't pay over $300 unless it was something really special. I've paid as little as $195 shipped because it had a ding to the primer, but otherwise was in new shape (no fretwear).

Comment

Looks like a 1989 Charvel Japanese-made Fusion Custom in Metallic Black

It looks like the bridge pickup has been replaced, and of course the original tone knob is missing (or was removed as that pesky sucker gets easily turned while soloing).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              It's a Fusion Custom as already mentioned.

john.w.lawson sold one just like that on ebay for $450.

Personally I have many Fusions but I wouldn't pay over $300 unless it was something really special. I've paid as little as $195 shipped because it had a ding to the primer, but otherwise was in new shape (no fretwear).
              mine was mintand they are right it a fusion custom,think mine was even the same color?But dinged up and untouched are miles apart in price.....mine sold in less than 15 hoursthe guy was very very happy with it left great feedback.......oh mine was stock looks like that one has after market pickup...happy new year everyone STAY SAFE!
              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 12-30-2008, 12:52 PM.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Well the guy isn't going to take $100 bucks. So would it really be worth my time and money to give him $150-$200?
                Gear:
                Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                Ibanez RG320
                Ensanada Acoustic
                Peavey Bandit 112
                Soon to Be:
                Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
                  Well the guy isn't going to take $100 bucks. So would it really be worth my time and money to give him $150-$200?
                  You don't seem to have very many guitars, so yes it would be good to add a Fusion to your list.

Ask the guy to have pity on you

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    You don't seem to have very many guitars, so yes it would be good to add a Fusion to your list.

Ask the guy to have pity on you
                    LOL
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I wasn't really asking about adding another guitar just to have it, I was asking about it being worth it to have a "broken" guitar for $150-$200.
                      Gear:
                      Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                      Ibanez RG320
                      Ensanada Acoustic
                      Peavey Bandit 112
                      Soon to Be:
                      Pedals!

Comment

I wasn't really asking about adding another guitar just to have it, I was asking about it being worth it to have a "broken" guitar for $150-$200.
                        If you like the short scale,than it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if you dont,it is not!!!!!!!!!!!! they do sound pretty fucking good stock though,that knob is very close with alt picking fingers spread wont work wellWe cant see enough of the guitar,but i would think 150-200 would be fair...I would not pay 50.....though but i just dont like that knobs placement....
                        Last edited by john.w.lawson; 12-30-2008, 05:12 PM.
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I'm from NY as well, upstate. Saw this on a "local" CL posting for $100. Don't know much about these but I would have to guess (?) that these are worth that? I would guess that anything less than $100 is a steal....

Comment

Originally posted by slowhand66 View Post
                            I'm from NY as well, upstate. Saw this on a "local" CL posting for $100. Don't know much about these but I would have to guess (?) that these are worth that? I would guess that anything less than $100 is a steal....
                            Yeah, I talked to him via email and he said he wants $200. In the ad he said he's no dumby and he wants more than $100 for it.
                            Gear:
                            Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                            Ibanez RG320
                            Ensanada Acoustic
                            Peavey Bandit 112
                            Soon to Be:
                            Pedals!

Comment

Yeah, I talked to him via email and he said he wants $200. In the ad he said he's no dumby and he wants more than $100 for it.
                              Buy it

Comment

Working...
                              X