Charvel 650 XL Sparkle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 650 XL Sparkle?

I know this finish isn't everybodys cup of tea, but I just pulled the trigger on a 650 XL in silver sparkle, for what I think is a great price.

How much would YOU pay for a 650 with an EMG 81/SA/SA setup? What do they usually go for?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

600 to 650 range, if it's in nice condition, with at case.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

As long as you like the finish! Congrats! These are great guitars.

Comment

So how does the 650 XL compare to a Jackson Professional Soloist XL then?
        Are they fairly the same?

Comment

Pretty much!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

They're very close, but the Soloist XL has the ebony fretboard, MOP headstock logo, and definitely has a quartersawn neck. Not 100% sure about the 650, but the Model 5 & 6 had flatsawn necks, and I think the 550 & 650 did too. I've never heard of anyone having any problems with the strength or stability of the necks on any of the import Charvels, but it's just something that might be worth mentioning when comparing features.

Comment

They're very close, but the Soloist XL has the ebony fretboard, MOP headstock logo, and definitely has a quartersawn neck. Not 100% sure about the 650, but the Model 5 & 6 had flatsawn necks, and I think the 550 & 650 did too. I've never heard of anyone having any problems with the strength or stability of the necks on any of the import Charvels, but it's just something that might be worth mentioning when comparing features.
              That's the PRO the xl and the 650 are the same(don't know about the qtrsawn part though.

Comment

Oops, missed the "XL". The main difference will be in the electronics. The Soloist XL had a J92 in the bridge and J100VS singles with no active circuit. The 650XL had the same electronics as a Soloist Pro: J50BC in the bridge, a pair of J200s, and the JE1200 midboost. The Soloist XL had a quartersawn neck, according to the catalogs.

Comment

Cool, post pics when it arrives. I love silver sparkle!

Comment

Here you go, the pics I got from the seller, and no - they're not too good

Sorry for the lousy quality, I'll post better pics when I get the guitar..

That's a set of EMG 89/sa/sa actually, and considering that I payed $500 for the 650 then I don't think that it's a bad deal..No case though..

Comment

Killer guitar! I think you got a great deal, especially for your part of the world.

Comment

One snazzy six string you got there- a head turner for sure!

Comment

Awesome!! I still GAS hard for a SilverSparkle guitar. I had my eye on a 750xl with that finish awhile back.

Comment

There's alot to be said for classic 80's sparkly guitars, but I think that example says it all. Respect
                            Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X