Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOOB needs help!

Hello all,

I j#have to say that on browsing through the forums, not only am I impressed by the sheer depth of knowledge of members, but the friendlyness also. With these things in mind I wonder if you could help me identify the model of my Charvel?

I picked this baby up 14 years ago, and have never looked back. Being a left hooker, I find it hard to find Charvels that I can play as well as drool over! This one set me back £250 (around $400 in the day), and whether that was a bargain or a rip off, I don't care as I LOVE this guitar and will NEVER get rid of it.

INFO: The plate on the back of the bolt on neck tells me it was made in Fort Worth, and the serial number is 318974. There is a made in Japan sticker still on it, hence why I am posting in the import Charvel section. (in fact to me it would be an import regardless of being japanese or USA, as I'm in the UK )

It has a Floyd Rose Trem, with the tuners on the back not the top (which is annoying!), and is in pretty good condition considering it was gigged for about 5 years solid. Standard tone and volume pots, and a 5 way switch adorn the front, along with 2 single coil pickups and a covered humbucker, all adorned with the beautiful Jackson logo, as are the machine heads.

PICS: I'm new to posting pictures so if these don't work I apologise in advance and will tell you that I'll do my best to get it to work, so here goes...

Apologies for the poor picture quality, I don't have a digital camera, and my BlackBerry only has a 2 Megapixel Camera

I'd apreciate any help on identifying this one, and for what it's worth, after spending 5 hours browsing this forum, I believ it might be a Model 3A?

EDIT: Meh, I cant get the images to show, so here are the URLs for them:

Last edited by scott.court; 01-08-2009, 11:00 AM.
    Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Hello & Welcome !

It's a Model 3 ! Model 3A had a H/H configuration !

Nice guitar !
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Thanks very much for your quick response. Wow I own a Model 3 huh? To be honest you could have told me it wasn't really a Charvel and I'd have still been ok with it. It plays like a dream and I would sooner give my left arm than sell it or even part ex it. Incidentally was the price I paid for it good, average or poor?

It needs setting up after I tried a DIY strip down and clean and I forgot about the intricacies of the floating trem (to be fair I only ever played fixed bridge guitars previously lol)
      Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Model 3's as all model series are great guitars.Made in Japan 86-88.
        The neck plate address is just the corporate address and does not mean the place of mfg.
        The USA guitars Will have a black or gold headstock logo with made in USA.The MIJ guitars have a white logo.
        The model 3 is the only model I havn't had.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice model 3!
          Yes, these are just great guitars.
          That's not a bad price for a lefty in nice condition, esp. if you love it like you do!
          I would even call it a bargain.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Thanks, nhspike I was lucky to get it. It was a very good friend of mine who lent me the money to get it, as I was at college and only had a part time job, so I paid him back £30 a week. I've never played a guitar that comes close to this for comfort, sound and ease to play. Coupled with my Marshall amp and a Digitech processing unit, I can play anything from Blues to what the Charvel was made to play - 80's ROCK a la Def Leppard, Van Halen etc :idea:

Comment

What more can you ask for?
              Glad you're in the club!
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

What indeed. I remember the day I got it home and plugged it in. My Les Paul never saw daylight again..... until I sold it!

Comment

Working...
                X