Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you guys help me identify the model of this charvette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys help me identify the model of this charvette?

22 FRETS Dot Inlays, rosewood figerboard, maple neck, pointed reverse jackson headstock, floating trem.
    Single-Humbucker COnfiguration, Fort Worth Texas on Backplate (its from japan)
    SERIAL NUM:331861 TX76113

Can you guys tell me what specific model name charvette this is and what year was it made? and any facts about it? and what bridge model does it have?
    its being sold to me for about 150 plus dollars. Is it worth the buy? Its own a jackson PS3t rhoads performer and this will be my first Charvel which i will be using as my standard guitar. How is this guitar?

these are the pics, sorry i dont even know if its a charvel or a charvette

Last edited by leevan_lee; 01-10-2009, 06:14 AM.

Charvel
    3DR
    This eventually turned into the Predator, once they went with the toothpaste logo and switched to the schaller trems.
    Check the catalog scans to be sure, or just do a search here.
    150 is a great price.
    Buy it, you will like it.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

what spike says
      and Welcome
      and you suck! I hate you! (Just kidding) I have been wanting one of those(this past week at least) myself and the cheapest I have seen is $295 shipped.

Comment

thanks for the info,
        does it play better than the PS3T? Jackson performer rhoads that i have now.

oh, ok i guess ill buy it, the guy says the Pots were changed and that it has Gotoh humbuckers, i plan on putting a JB on it. can you guys suggest good pickups to put on this 3DR? both single and hum.

Comment

[quote=leevan_lee;1192445]thanks for the info,
          does it play better than the PS3T? Jackson performer rhoads that i have now.well depending on the year your ps was oh fuck it i dought that it does.....but variety is the spice of life personally i like pepper
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

haha! well i hope it does, im a new member here and strangely i am now so attracted to vintage charvels just as i love vintage cars. im going to germany in a few months and ill buy myself an OFR there. Color black perhaps? or gold? does the coating chip away? ive read that charvel imports with the JT-6 usually have no problem accepting an OFR. then off to a maybe a JB humbucker, but i dont know anything about single coils!!! what do i put in there? this guitar is gonna be a lead guitar

Comment

That post didn't make sense until I crossed my eyes a little.
              Then... it all came into F O C U S
              LOL @ John

It's all very subjective Lee... how a guitar plays, what pickups sound good... etc.
              That's the fun of the forums really, trying out different shit, then throwing your opinion into the kettle, and mixing it around with everyone elses.

Buy, try, and report!

Pickup suggestions: JB in the bridge sounds like an interesting idea... how about a Blue Velvet or Chopper in the neck? Mmmmmm
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by leevan_lee View Post
                haha! well i hope it does, im a new member here and strangely i am now so attracted to vintage charvels just as i love vintage cars. im going to germany in a few months and ill buy myself an OFR there. Color black perhaps? or gold? does the coating chip away? ive read that charvel imports with the JT-6 usually have no problem accepting an OFR. then off to a maybe a JB humbucker, but i dont know anything about single coils!!! what do i put in there? this guitar is gonna be a lead guitar
                I have a few guitars with gold bridges and they have not chipped yet
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I've had chips made from Yukon Gold potatos... they were delicious!
                  --floydkramer

Comment

[quote=nhspike;1192468]That post didn't make sense until I crossed my eyes a little.
                    Then... it all came into F O C U S
                    LOL @ John

by the way i have an old pickup out of an old FOCUS.......and dont you mean uncrossed your eyes a little

Comment

any suggestions for good single pickups? thanks for all the help!

Comment

hey bro spike made some suggestions above chopper......those aint bikes

Comment

Good luck finding a OFR in Germany now. You'll have to venture to China to find anything new, unless I am mistaken.

Comment

Put a Seymour Duncan screamin demon mini humbucker in the neck, it kicks some serious butt!!
                            2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                            2007 DK2m White Bengal
                            88 Jackson limited edition
                            Charvel Preditor
                            PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                            Jackson DX10D
                            3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                            4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                            Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                            Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Working...