Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Super Glue Fix this? are there any other alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Super Glue Fix this? are there any other alternatives?

do you have a loose post?, if so you could prolly wrap some paper around it and jam it back in there

Comment

That happened to one of my Model 2's. I used Wood Glue and it works fine. It also makes it easier to remove the post later if I need to than it would with Super Glue.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

oh, do you guys know how to clean these? you know that gross built up rust? that slightly rough? look at the pics. haha how do you clean and polish these off?

Comment

Soak it in WD-40 and then use a toothbrush on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
            Soak it in WD-40 and then use a toothbrush on it.

can i do this on the whole bridge as well?

Comment

Yes you can. The best thing to do though is take the bridge apart when you do it so you can get to all the parts and dry it off completely. If you don't dry it completely it will become a dust magnet.

Comment

I'd use wood glue. It will let the wood swell with the water in the glue, making it tight.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  I'd use wood glue. It will let the wood swell with the water in the glue, making it tight.
                  +1

good advice right there
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by leevan_lee View Post
                    can i do this on the whole bridge as well?
                    Yep.
                    Just wipe it down REAL good afterward.
                    Some guys will even do a complete tear down and reassembly of the trem.
                    Keeps the grime from building up ya know.
                    -Rick

Comment

I humbly suggest a Dremel moto-tool and its associated wire wheel....first a complete dissasembly(keeping each strings components in a seperate numbered envelope or baggy)then polish the rust and grime off using the wire wheel(tool set on low speed,and wear safety glass')oil it up with wd-40,and re-assemble.
                      +2 but make sure to use a good quality wood glue(cheaper ones have tiny fibers in the mix)and DONT get any glue on the inner threads
                      good luck

Comment

You don't need a big glob of wood glue just put some on the upper portion of the hole and when you push the stud back in be sure you push straight down.As you push it in it will drag the glue down into the hole.
                        I use a prouct called Break Free which is a cleaner lube and protector(CLP)to clean bridge parts. A wire brush can scratch the metal parts and will cause pitting over time so I would not use a wire brush an old toothbrush works fine.
                        BTW Break Free can be found at any Wal-Mart in the gun cleaning supplies.
                        I use it on machine guns as well good stuff.
                        Last edited by straycat; 01-17-2009, 02:57 AM.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks, im gonna restore this old JT-6. :P got my rags, toothbrush, and wd40 ready.

Comment

Remember to wipe the parts off really well and let them dry overnight if you use WD40 it does have water in it.
                            JT-6's rock IMO I love em"
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              don't forget to use a clean Sock..:ROTF: sniffing glue sucks w/ a dirty sock..

'
                              glue the hell out of it

Comment

Working...
                              X