Does anyone know if a floyd rose 2 will fit a 5fx and are they worth using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if a floyd rose 2 will fit a 5fx and are they worth using

I have looked for a new floyd for my 5fx. I have a 3dr that needs a new trem and I want to take the jt6 off the 5 and use it on the 3dr. I dont want to spend a bunch for a new trem I saw some floyd rose 2 on ebay for about 50 bucks but dont know that much about them I have an orignal on my model 6 and its great. any help would be appreciated

I think you may have a problem with the length of the block. those maybe 37 and you need 42mm. Also make sure it's not the old kind that's non locking.

Comment

+1 to everything Rich said. If you get a great deal, it might be worth tracking down a 42mm block for it if needed, but be careful about the version. Here is a pic of what to look for to see if it's the non-locking type. Check out how the strings are fed through the squared-off tubes and come out of a tiny hole in the saddle rather than having a locking screw & block:

Comment

There are several versions of the Floyd Rose II. The first one used by Kramer is just a Floyd Rose II badged Schaller that Jackson used on all the USA guitars back in the day and on the 89-93 Japanese guitars. Find one of those and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
          There are several versions of the Floyd Rose II. The first one used by Kramer is just a Floyd Rose II badged Schaller that Jackson used on all the USA guitars back in the day and on the 89-93 Japanese guitars. Find one of those and you're good to go.
          Actually, the first Floyd Rose II used by Kramer was the single-locking version. The double-locking Floyd II/Schaller came later.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X