Charvel 3DR neck problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 3DR neck problem

Hey guys, i got my 3DR restored and running with a JB and it does sound like a muscle car. anyway, my only problem now is that, the neck seems bent forward?

well she's set up and intonated properly but the only problem i have with this little leaning forwardness is that as you can see, i cant set the action extremely low and i get fret buzz if i press on the eleventh fret of the 3 4 5th strings. more than that, i really have to set the JT-6 pretty high. it came to me this way and the restringing had nothing to do with it. the neck is solid and not wobbly or anything at all. its as if it was made this way.

are there any home made remedies to this? can i remove the neck, sand it, and put it back?
    Last edited by leevan_lee; 01-22-2009, 02:03 AM.

There is supposed to be some neck angle on a guitar with a non-recessed trem, which is what you have, but I'd take the neck off and check to see if someone may have added a shim under the neck and increased the angle too much. From the pic, that looks like more angle than it should normally have. There is neck angle built into the neck pocket, because the bridge sits higher off the guitar than a recessed trem or regular vintage type of trem. Without the angle, the action would get higher & higher as you went up the fretboard. If someone added a shim, you should be able to remove it and go back to the normal amount of angle.

Comment

thanks, ill do this when my new strings wear out.

Comment

Working...
      X