Model 2 refinish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 refinish

Well, I let a forum member of Guitar Chaos work his magic on my Charvel Model 2 project I picked up this fall. Greg who's username on Guitar Chaos is INYA was simply outstanding to work with, and he did a great job at a "bro" deal. This guitar is so hard to photograph, as you just can't get the flake in it to show up like it really is.

Turn around time which includes shipping out and back was stupid fast to the tune of under four weeks. It's jet black with gold and green ghost flames. It's pretty cool that he "personalized" it for me by putting my username on it.

I just can not say enough about how great Greg was to work with! Of course, it's always a leap of faith dealing with someone anywhere, much less over the internet. Greg just proves once again that there really are good honest people out there. He constantly kept me updated with progress, and ideas he wanted to try. I told him to run with the ideas, as he was the expert. One thing I've learnt managing garages for eleven years, let the expert do the work and go with what he knows.

The stickers had been super glued on by some idiot, and had to be scraped off with a razor blade. I scraped them off, had a friend prep/primer the body, and then sent it to Greg. I did all the disassembly and reassembly myself, but I'll have to get a friend of mine to reconnect the wiring for me.

I'm happier than a puppy with two peckers with how it turned out.

Without further adieu, here it is. Before to current.

wow thats really cool
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Comment

That's a pretty cool twist on black.
      Nicely done!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

is the clear lifting by the neck joint?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Looks like a lotta orange peel in the second pic.

Comment

Guys, this refin was a "bro deal" refin, and it has more than met my expectations. I didn't pay for a "this better be dammed perfect" professional refin. Keep that in mind. It turned out a hell of a lot better than I thought. The clear is not lifting, it's just a tad thinner there at the top of the neck pocket. Must be his light in the second picture, because I can't see any orange peel to speak of and I looked for it. He did a solid job. Not Mike Learn mind you, but respectable enough.

Comment

Working...
            X