My 750XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 750XL

I decided to make a complete new thread to post the pics, the official Info Thread would get hella clogged then.

Anyway, this baby came in a few days ago, on the second to be precise. God is it good. The wide string spacing, R4 I guess, got to me, but I'll get used to it in a few days. Will also have to redo the floyd setup so it goes back in tune after a dive (works perfect when pulled up, absolutely no issues whatsoever). Wonder if I could swap the JT-590 to a Gotoh, or at least Schaller. The original trem from 89 is quite a treasure, but I think it's in best interest to "preserve" it and use a machined steel one

I want a second one!

Here's the pics:

Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Nice fiddle.
    The JT-590 IS a Schaller, so swapping it our for a new Schaller trem will be painless.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Nice fiddle.
      The JT-590 IS a Schaller, so swapping it our for a new Schaller trem will be painless.
      Thanks man. Thanks for the heads up!
      That clears a lot of stuff up. I'm aware they're made in the same factory, but that really clears up the whole "mounting studs not in correct spot" mumbo jumbo! Thanks a lot man, will have to see for how muc the Schallers are going for on the bay as soon as possible. Thanks again
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Yep.. the only difference between a Schaller and a JT-590 is the logo.
        -Rick

Comment

And possibly the build quality =P

Comment

warmoth seems to have ok prices on trems.
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Sweet Man

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
                Nope... build quality is exactly the same.
                -Rick

Comment

Wonder if I could swap the JT-590 to a Gotoh, or at least Schaller....
                  Thanks man ... Thanks a lot man, will have to see for how muc the Schallers are going for on the bay as soon as possible. Thanks again
                  Yep.. the only difference between a Schaller and a JT-590 is the logo.
                  Nope... build quality is exactly the same.
                  Dred: What rjohnstone is patiently trying to tell you, is: The JT-590 is not as good as a Schaller, or close to a Schaller etc... , it IS a Schaller.
                  It says "Made in Germany by Schaller" ! So swapping the JT-590 to a Schaller, is replacing a (1989) Schaller by a (2009) Schaller !
                  *Edit* Is it Jackson logo'd ?

Your guitar looks good, though the pics are blurry !
                  Last edited by Franx; 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM.
                  uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Yeah, it's Jackson stamped. I've got the sellers pics somewhere, if you want higher quality. Gotta find them.

And that does make me feel stupid... The whole different models used throughout the years confused me. Sorry for that.

Comment

Yes, nothing wrong with the trem you have, just the setup needs a tweak probably! My XL has the same trem and is solid as a rock.

Maybe you can cjeck if yours is basswood, too for us.....! Might go a bit further to settling that question (or not!).

A fine instrument isn't it? Very responsive, very sturdy and high quality. Good buy!
                      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                        Yes, nothing wrong with the trem you have, just the setup needs a tweak probably! My XL has the same trem and is solid as a rock.

Maybe you can cjeck if yours is basswood, too for us.....! Might go a bit further to settling that question (or not!).

A fine instrument isn't it? Very responsive, very sturdy and high quality. Good buy!

Indeed it is. It's amazing how deep it sounds, and still there's far more than enough high end response. I've now got my amp EQs Bass to 3:30 O'clock, and mids all the way up, with the treble at 3 o'clock, and it's still screams. Love it.

I was thinking of changing the trem not because of possible tuning instabilities or anything simmilar, I just figured I'd wear the knife edges away rather quick, that's all. The bridge remaining flat is my own fault, I rushed the setup so I'd play the damn thing quicker

I'm quite certain it's basswood. The wood at the screw holes is very bright, and the sound on the brighter end of the scale. However, it weighs around 3.5-4 kilos, so that's about 7.7 pounds and up, and I've heard that basswood is a relatively light wood. Maybe just a heavy slab of basswood?

Comment

Working...
                        X