What would you do with my 86 Mod 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do with my 86 Mod 3?

Ok so here's the thing. The kahler tremolo has seen it's better days... well it's ok days never really liked the darn thing but figured if it was ever worth swapping. Plus not being a big handy man when working on the guitar I figured better just leave well enough alone. Plus the locks on the neck well somewhere along the line I lost the screws and if I remember correctly one of the threads stripped. So is there a place where I can get other screws? Or would it be easy to replace the entire thing?

Anyways let me know what you Charvel guys would do to upgrade this guy. I really really love the guitar (Why I haven't gotten rid of it in many many many years) but I think it's time to give it a make over.

It really isn't that big a deal to fix it up.....if you don't want to do it all as it will cost you a bit of cash, I'd gladly take it off your hands LOL....Just look on Ebay for a Kahler 2700, also known as a Kahler Killer to replace that Kahler 2500. It will make a world of difference. I like the 2700 better than any Floyd/Floyd copy I've ever tried. The locknut should be pretty easy as well. Again here Ebay is your friend.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
      It really isn't that big a deal to fix it up.....if you don't want to do it all as it will cost you a bit of cash, I'd gladly take it off your hands LOL....
      No way... Guitars have came and went this one is staying with me until the end. I swear my B-Day is coming up and I'm in the market to get another guitar and playing guitars over $1000 at the local guitar shop that didn't have as good tone and feel as this what $200-$300 I payed for this thing. That and it's like one of my best friends.

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
      Just look on Ebay for a Kahler 2700, also known as a Kahler Killer to replace that Kahler 2500. It will make a world of difference. I like the 2700 better than any Floyd/Floyd copy I've ever tried. The locknut should be pretty easy as well. Again here Ebay is your friend.
      Just looked and couldn't find one but I will be keeping my eyes open. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

(I'm probably preaching to the chior here but...)

Just to give some feel for the guitar and why I want to keep it but maybe redo the trem. I've just now started back into playing heavy again (Took a hiatus raising kids) and here is my latest attempt ata lil bit of blues. Yes I'm rusty and please don't hold the guitar at fault for some of the missed notes or bends that fall short but you can hear that tone that I just can't get under the $1000 dollar range and really some in that range can't hold a candle. Funny thing is that people look at the Charvel and say. "Oh that's a shredder.." and I always rely no it's much much more.

Anyways heres the model three played by a washed up 30 something guitar player. :P

Comment

Working...
        X